1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Southern Baptists and Dispensationalism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by OldRegular, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Allan

Allan Active Member

OldReg.. In this part I was incorrect and acknowledge such, though what is given still does not hinder nor dispute Pre-mill or Dispy views concerning who the church is.

The only passage cited for that part is Rev 21, which is after Christ comes again, reigns (or not - however one wants to view it), judges at the Great White Throne, and creates a New heaven and New Earth. This still fits in Pre-mill and Disy views without problem.

Reason: Specifically the Dispy position agrees that in the end (when all is glorified) the two will be one.

#61 Allan, Dec 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2008
  2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Ok. Gottcha. I have the 1963 BF&M. I don't know if they're any different, do you? I see what you were saying about the 2 parts of the church section. :thumbs:

Although, I think the promises to Israel were all about Christ. The land they were given was just a picture or shadow of the true "land" that all receive through Christ.

Israel and the church are not the same and yet they are one.

I compare it to the beautiful dogwood trees that are so plentiful here in Tennessee. (It's our state tree). When they bloom each spring, it appears that it has snowed in the woods. The majority are white, but on a rare occasion, you will see some pink ones. And on an even rarer :)laugh: ) occasion you will see where a white and a pink dogwood have been grafted together. They were individual trees, each a different color. But when grafted together, they become one tree, yet each tree maintains it's individual color. Once they have been grafted they are inseperable. To separate them, the whole tree would die. This is how I see Israel and the church. Both distinct, yet one, through Christ, who is the Master gardener, able to graft the two together.

Thanks Brother! :wavey:

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

There is little difference between the 1963 and 2000 BF&M. You can find both on the internet.