1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Southern Seminary's Faculty Change

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Rhetorician, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    To all who have an ear:

If you love the Southern Baptist Convention in general and it flagship seminary, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, in particular you will no doubt want to know this information.

Visit:

http://www.founders.org/blog/archive/2007_04_01_archive.html

As you can imagine I report this with mixed emotions. It is a great day for my friend, mentor, colleague, advocate and all-around good guy. It is always a great day for any of God's grand servants who can know and go on to do God's will as he believes it to be.

PTL! May his tribe increase and may he prosper there as in all of his other venues of service.

sdg!:thumbs:

rd

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I have heard of professors going to the church as "promotions" and as going back to the "headquarters" of the SBC.

Either way, God's sovereign hand in moving Dr. Nettles from SBTS to a local church is the seminary's loss and the church's gain. Yet, I have every confidence that the seminary - under the capable direction of Dr. Mohler - will have a shepherd and scholar take the place of Dr. Nettles.