1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Southwestern president responds to victims’ rights group criticism

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Revmitchell, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    FORT WORTH (SBT)—An activist organization that describes itself as a “group for women and men wounded by religious authority figures” has once again made headlines by attempting to tie allegations of abuse by a non-Southern Baptist pastor to what they describe as a Southern Baptist entity leader’s “blind-eyed response to clergy sex abuse” 16 years ago.

http://www.floridabaptistwitness.com/8252.article

2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Doesn't seem like Dr. Patterson is in the wrong here. He states clearly in the article that he has had nothing to do with this scalawag since the removal of the student from Criswell College.

I actually think Dr. Patterson has responded adequately and well to this issue. Having been a student under his administration at SWBTS I can verify that he point blank tells every student that if they are caught in some kind of sexual impropriety they will be removed because the church is too important for someone to sully it through this business. In this issue I have no qualms with Dr. Patterson's actions and voice and find him to be nothing but consistent.

I think this group is trying to get attention the wrong way. Clearly Dr. Patterson has nothing to do with this current circumstance.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I believe Brown has unresolved issues. She may still be hurting. She may need prayer.

4. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

This may come as a shock to you all - but I am in complete agreement with Preach regarding Paige here. Looks to me like he did everything correctly in a time when many did not ie the Roman Catholic Church amonst ohters

5. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

6. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

7. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dr. Patterson is such an easy target for everyone, everyone's favorite whipping boy.

8. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Wow...sympathy for Dr. Patterson, who would've thunk it?? LOL.
    I agree though, he did the right thing and someone is looking for some free publicity by trying to beat up on him a bit.

9. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter