1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sovereign God has perfect faith and no fear

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by CF1, Nov 5, 2011.

1. CF1

CF1 New Member

It occurred to me that, unlike me, God is not afraid of anything.

With Sovereign God as our God and example, how should a Christian have more faith and less fear?

Here are verses that teach us.

Psalm 27:1
    The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Mark 9:24
    Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, "I believe; help my unbelief!"

Ephesians 2:8
    For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

Romans 14:23
    But whoever has doubts is condemned if he eats, because the eating is not from faith. For whatever does not proceed from faith is sin.

2 Timothy 1:7
    for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

1 John 4:18
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

What truths and practices cause us to have the reality of these verses more and more in our daily walk with Christ?

#1 CF1, Nov 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2011