1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sovereignty of God in the Conversion of Saul

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Luke2427, Jan 23, 2011.

1. The Archangel

The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pot. Kettle........never mind.

If you had not engaged in the very things that you are accusing glf of doing, one might be persuaded. As it is, and since you are well-known for doing exactly what you are resenting what you perceive glf for doing, your question is seen, not as a legitimate question, but as the question of a self-styled martyr.

Unfortunate.

The Archangel

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

No, if you might recall I was already involved in this thread to begin with. Are you depicting a self portrait?

3. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

So, if someone disagrees, corrects or in any way points out how you have misrepresented their view, then they will be dismissed as a troll or too argumentative and thusly ignored? I suspect if you actually applied that standard in all your interactions you would have little discourse with anyone except yourself. Enjoy your time here on the aptly titled "Baptist DEBATE Forums." :laugh:

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Seriously...you don't believe you have room to talk, do you?

5. Skandelon

How about we get back to the topic of the thread?

1. How do Calvinists affirm Apostolic Authority while attempting to claim that all believers have been saved in the same manner as Paul (effectually)?

2. Doesn't the uniqueness of God's divine intervention in Paul's life mean anything, or is this meant to be seen as a typical way in which God brings every individual to salvation?

3. Do Calvinists undermine Paul's authority as an Apostle by suggesting that those who believe through his message were saved and called by the same effectual means?

6. The Archangel

The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whether I do or not, you have no room to even ask the question.

finis

The Archangel

7. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Spoken by someone who has over 1200 posts and hasn't been a member for 6 months. How hypocritical!

8. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Yea, he does. Archangel conducts himself far better than you on here- and better than me, for that matter.

But once again, though a THOUSAND people were to point out your problems- you are oblivious.

I submit EVERY SINGLE PERSON who has ever debated you in a heated manner to any degree will agree with Archangel, glfredrick, myself and others who I will do them the courtesy of not naming that you have some serious problems debating people who defeat you.

9. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

A fun study would be to peruse your posts and see how many times you call someone a hypocrite or a heretic- the results would be very amusing for any one willing to do the work.

You and webdog are cut out of the same cloth, it seems to me. You are just an older version, I suppose.

10. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Oh, my bad. In that case, you are wrong. The language is referring to the message not the identity of the messenger.

11. Skandelon

Now that you boys have finished trying to one up each other, can we get back to discussing theology and the OP of this thread?

12. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

13. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have my yes vote. I don't think he could have said no Lord.

14. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

15. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Wow, you stand up for a fellow Calvinists, how bold!

Webdog points out the gross error of Calvinism; you seem to be the oblivious one.

I guess you are as pure as the driven snow, right?

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    See Im OK with just drawing the line here. Anytime it's going to lead to a fight then dont respond....its pointless.
    Doctrine divides, well so be it. I have to keep comments like "the Gross error of Calvinism" as motivator. That's God's reminder to me that I am to go to a Calvinist Church, raise my family as Calvinist, associate only with Calvinist with my friendships, and read only Calvinist books. Praise god for putting people like you in my path....to strengthen my convictions to Reformed Theology.

17. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Likewise, the Calvinists I meet show me that many will read into the scripture things that strengthen their erroneous view, while leaving out verses that condemn their view. The same thing applies to all false beliefs and errors in theology, regardless of whether or not the adherents are Christians or not.

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Splendid...so I have a solution. you go to your church & I will go to mine. No interaction need take place. As far as Im concerned you are anathema to me. I wouldnt even have my kids ....well you know where Im going with this.

19. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess you intended otherwise,but the above looks like the Calvinists have shown you how many folks read things into Scripture in order to strengthen their erroneous view and yet leave verses out which condemn their view.

I seriously doubt that Calvinists are telling you that other Calvinists are doing the "bad things" you described.

Careful there Bobbie,you don't want to imply that Calvinists aren't Christians do you?

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If it was good enough for warfield, it's good enough for me. And all the Calvinist said