1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sowell: Good riddance to Justice Stevens

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by rbell, Apr 13, 2010.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

I don't think we appreciate this guy enough.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2010/04/13/good_riddance_105145.html

Sowell makes some excellent points (as usual):

He villifies Stevens for his Kelo decision as being his worst one: This is the decision that allowed government to seize private property...not for the construction of "public use" items like a road...but rather so that a government can take your home (by force, even) and give it to another private entity--one that will bring in more tax dollars. And he's right: The monumental abuse of "Eminent Domain" championed by Stevens is beyond comprehension of intelligent, thinking, freedom-loving citizens.

Sowell also reminds Congress how imortant the appointment of a justice is...of Steven's original appointment by Gerald Ford, and subsequent Republican screwups:

This guy (Sowell, not Stevens) oughta be required reading for students.

#1 rbell, Apr 13, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is the answer to those leftist yokels who vow and declare that any objection to the "0" is purely racial!!

I would vote for Sowell in a heartbeat for pres. -- 'Course I forgot that any black not beholden to the d party is not considered a black, so maybe I am just prejudiced!!??:sleep::rolleyes:

3. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I've enjoyed Thomas for years. I had my son and daughers read his column as part of their education.

4. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

I have a lot... a heaping lot of respect for Thomas Sowell. He shows that he's an educated and intellectual man who does his 'homework'.

He is definately not the typical conservative air head or wind bag who rises to fame over desk tapping, dittoing, and making outlandish comments.... or marginalizes those less temporate than he for entertainment.

5. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

I completely agree with Sowell when it comes to Kelo. That ruling was an absolute disgrace to the Supreme Court.

6. rbell

rbell Active Member

You know...sometimes I'll read a SC ruling, and I'll disagree with it...but I'll understand at least on some level the rationale behind the ruling.

Then there's Kelo. I'm sorry...but there's simply no way to constitutionally justify this ruling.