1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Space Aliens and Original Sin

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by FR7 Baptist, Sep 24, 2010.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

yes but they are on this planet. so what is your point?

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

My point is only those in Adam's line are not the only ones affected by sin, what your statement implied. Sin didn't only affect "this planet". ALL Creation groans in anticipation...Angels included.

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I don't think I missed the point. The bible says "all" creation groans. Someday, the heavens and earth will burn up. If there were any aliens out there, they would be burned up as well. All because of sin.

But.....we are the only aliens. Strangers in this world.

5. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If you read Genesis it never implies that God created "other" beings in outer space. And as other rightfully pointed out, "For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God." Romans 8:19. And when the Master of the Universe returns it's going to make Star Wars look like kindergarten!

#25 Jedi Knight, Sep 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2010
  6. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Isn't the bible God's revelation to us, here on earth? Reveling to us our history. Does the bible tell us for certain the God could not have created a separate distant group of solar systems and planets, and people?

I am not saying I believe this to have happened, but is there scriptural proof that limits God from having ever done so?

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

And why is that funny exactly? Is that not what the Bible says?

8. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

If they exist, they might have their own Adam-type.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes, but since we are the only ones made in God's image it would imply it is about God's creation as a whole.
    The Bible does allude to stars and planets...but the only people are right here on Earth. I don't think when He said "Let Us make man in Our image" He was saying throughout the galaxy but right where He did it...here on Earth.

10. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

But my point was does scripture prove that in another time, in another place God couldn't have created others?

Again I am not putting this forward as any type of theory, only questioning does the bible explicitly guarantee this could not have happened?
    I always views the bible as God's revelation of our world, our history, I never saw it as limiting God from things we don't know nor couldn't know.

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Well, Scripture starts with the beginning of creation, and breaks it down into days. Life started here on Earth.

12. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

But that is our creation. If God had chosen to create another world entirely separate from ours, why do you assume he would tell us about it?

I don't think he did do this, because there is nothing that indicates He did. However I don't see any restrictions to go further and insist He couldn't have done so.

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Do we have any reason to believe the creation account in Genesis is only OUR creation? I believe it is all inclusive by the context including the creation of stars, planets and life. It is more an argument from silence to state it only deals with our planet

14. Winman

Winman Active Member

The Bible shows there are no space aliens, because any creature that could be considered man came from Eve.

Gen 3:20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

This verse shows that Eve is the mother of all mankind.

15. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

I didn't say it only dealt with earth. I said it was ours (us on earth) history. That includes the stars planets etc. Here is what I said earlier.

#35 Steven2006, Sep 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2010
  16. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

17. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

All of creation is now subject to the law of entropy.!! :smilewinkgrin:

18. Bobby Hamilton

Bobby Hamilton New Member

If you believe in a pre/mid-trib rapture, I think the threat of Aliens and abductions is what will be sold to the world.