1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spare Us Your Outrage Over Roy Moore If You Put An Alleged Rapist In The White House

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Almost, I say. Almost. Because even amidst the orgy of hypocrites, there are some hypocrisies so blatant and morally reprehensible that I don't think we can simply slide past them. Especially this one particular hypocrisy, which I would argue gave birth to the current hyper-partisan environment where voters are willing to tolerate literally any misbehavior from a politician, so long as the politician has the right letter next to his name. It truly seems like this hypocrisy was the beginning of some kind of sickness in our culture. It may be worthwhile, in that case, to revisit it. So, while even I'm tired of the "what about Clinton" game, I must say: seriously though, what about Clinton?

The Roy Moore allegations have of course prompted a lot of laughably self-righteous blathering from the Left. Suddenly these people have decided that every sex assault or rape accuser must be believed, every accusation against a prominent man must be given the undivided attention of the entire country, and any man accused of these crimes must be drummed out of public life. Democrat politicians have been especially eager to climb the soapbox and lecture Republican voters about the "danger" of electing such a man. The media has fished through Moore's closet to find skeletons of past sexual improprieties, again showing their ability to do investigative journalism only when the investigation may have politically advantageous results.

WALSH: Spare Us Your Outrage Over Roy Moore If You Put An Alleged Rapist In The White House

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But...but...Bill.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you recall Access Hollywood “I moved on her...” and “I grab them by the p” but that preditor is in the White House as we speak :Sneaky

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No one is without sin concerning this issue. Both Democrats and Republicans are guilty here, as are members of the media. The piling on of Judge Moore by all those folks is extremely hypocritical if you ask me.

5. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So if some of us opposed Bill Clinton on moral grounds (significantly, because of his abuse of women), we opposed Donald Trump on many grounds (including his abuse of women), and we wouldn't vote for Roy Moore if we given the opportunity (also, partially because of his interactions with women), right-wing figureheads like Newt Gingrich (partially because of his interactions with women), left-wingers like Anthony Weiner (partially because of his interactions with women), and have opposed every other person who abuses women in all areas of life, do we still get to speak without getting condemned as hypocrites?

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That’s all that’s important to Mitch here. He doesn’t care about the actual sexual assault piece of the story. He’s just miffed because his team may lose some points on the ever running political scoreboard. It’s gross.

7. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Too many women want to sleep their way to the top. When they don't get there, they cry foul.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Here's an interesting development. Even Bannon himself may be having doubts about Moore.

[​IMG]
    BANNON TURNS ON JUDGE WHORE?

[​IMG]

Some of it is hearsay, so take it with a grain.

While it poses a dilemma, I hope Moore wins. These allegations were brought out way too late to give him a fair chance to defend himself. If he's guilty, I'd rather deal with removing and replacing him, than dealing with a democrat for 6 years.

9. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nice job of attacking the character of women everywhere, as well as suggesting that those who complain or report sexual harassment or assault are likely to be doing it for revenge because they want to whore themselves out to powerful men.

This attitude is part of the problem.

So where is the stinging criticism for men who demand sexual favors from women?

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Calminian

Site Supporter

I would agree, it's a little overreaching. You're the same with men, though. Trump is squeaky clean compared to most, yet you lumped him in. With much effort, neither you nor the MSM have been able to lay a glove on him. And all your lies about Trump being pro-choice have been exposed. An apology is actually in order.

11. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, I'm not. I have just seen a lot of sexual harassment and abuse over the years with female friends, family and acquaintances - in social situations, in the church, and on the job. I lead a department of our firm with several women working on my team. I have had to get HR involved in two situations in the last year for harassment, and I'm certain I don't know all of it. I have had several women confide to me over the years that they were drugged by men and raped - one of which was my first wife. I have also had to confront the situation in the church with youth ministers and a pastor. When women report harassment and attacks, they are often re-attacked by people who assume that it was a love affair gone wrong, the woman was whoring herself out, or that they had gotten drunk or were a drug user and were not credible witnesses simply because they were not completely coherent during the assault.

Most people don't want to deal with it, so they rationalize things away and blame the woman. Now certainly, there are a few women who WILL make false claims, but that is generally a losing strategy because of the state of our culture.

I lumped him in because he BRAGGED about sexually assaulting women and it was captured on tape. Many people - including Christians here - dismissed it as "locker room talk", assuming that I was offended by the P-word. As my wife put it, the most offensive word was "grab." President Trump has not denied that the tape is him. Now it is possible that Trump simply lied about it (as he is prone to do) and was trying to impress Billy Bush, but what kind of person lies about committing sexual assault and thinks that is impressive?

And that's not even getting into his marital history and infidelities.

Actually, he has been exposed as a liar about all kinds of things, almost every day. Moreover, the evidence is mounting in a wide-ranging criminal case that his campaign - and possibly the man himself - colluded with Russia and has made numerous false statements about it to the American people. We have already seen significant charges and one guilty plea. It is only a matter of time before it all comes out.

I don't recall making any claims about Trump being pro-choice, so I think you are telling a falsehood or mistaken.

No, I don't think so. But even if that were true, who do you think I should apologize to?

12. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I dealt with this mess my entire career. As far as I am concerned the women are hookers and the men are Johns. I caught Hell my entire supervisory career because I transferred every woman who even remotely hit on me off of my shift. It was quite a few. Me and the Chief had a shouting, screaming, discussion on this issue.

13. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never claimed that women don't sometimes hit on men. But even your statement here seems to acknowledge that some of the women you supervised DID NOT hit on you. If one of them came to you to report harassment or assault by a superior or someone on the same level, would you take it seriously or just assume that the woman was whoring herself out and it didn't go the way she wanted?

14. Calminian

Site Supporter

And bam! Another lie about Trump. You're no better than women who falsely accuse.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  15. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If she came to me then or 40 years later?

16. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So this is fake?

17. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    People who have been abused or gone through traumatic situations often don't talk about it for many decades. Think about war veterans or civilians in the camps of World War II. We don't discount their stories simply because they have been unable to deal with the memories.

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's Tribal

19. Calminian

Site Supporter

It doesn't support your false accusation. You said DJT bragged about groping women against their will. Where did Trump say this? Ball's in your court.

20. Calminian

Site Supporter

But what about false accusers like yourself? What kind of damage do they do?