1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spare Us Your Outrage Over Roy Moore If You Put An Alleged Rapist In The White House

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tactic # 1., in any political situation. Find the skeleton in your opponents closet.

Unfortunately Ole Roy should have been vetted much better. Now this looks like a character assignation.

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    (1) Trump's telling Bush that he just starts kissing them, "Just kiss. I don't even wait." indicates that he does not seek consent.
    (2) Trump's telling Bush that "...when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything... Grab'em by the p----. You can do anything." indicates that he assumed consent.

But you knew that. You are just trying to obfuscate in order to exonerate President Trump because you support him. You are the type of supporter that would let him get away with shooting someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue.

You even agreed with Trump's perverted theory that all women are morally loose and willing to get felt up - or worse - by celebrities. But even Trump's own words refute that theory!

In fact, the charming story where he describes how he tried to f--- a married woman ("I moved on her, and I failed. I'll admit it." and "I moved on her like a b----. But I couldn't get there." demonstrates that not all women are willing to be charming by celebrity Trump.

His own words reveal that not all women let him do it.

It is. You desperately need to repent of it. You also need to shake off your moral blindness and hold this President accountable for his actions.

3. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope. I know more than a few women who have been raped or molested - including my first wife - who kept that dark secret for many years. Other than one therapist and the guys that gang raped her, I may be the only other person who knows of my ex-wife's trauma that terribly affected her emotional stability. And in terms of other post traumatic issues, I didn't know about my mother's time in the Nazi labor camp until about the time the movie Schindler's List came out. She went to go see it with her sister, and suddenly the stories came pouring out - with enormous amounts of pain. My grandparents - who were adults with two daughters and went through all of that NEVER mentioned it.

After I found out about it, my mother pulled out a suitcase full of documents that my grandmother had hidden away (only found after her and my grandfather's death from old age) that confirmed the story.

So I know people keep secrets to themselves - or closely held among just a few friends - for generations.

4. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Keep them right on through the election then.

5. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What a garbage attitude. So sorry this guys political baggage is coming back to bite him. Poor poor politician.

6. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think its the right attitude.

7. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh I have no doubt your mind believes that. Protecting the prior transgressions of politicians is a hallmark of this administration. I think your moral compass is broken there buddy.

8. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My moral compass is perfect. Bringing allegations perfectly timed to destroy a campaign, and brought so late there is no time for the facts to be analyzed, is the sleezeball immoral action. If politician A molested you 30 years ago, report it then. Prosecute him or her. If not, don't get convenient memory 30 years later. Don't use a celebrity media circus lawyer to manage the reveal process.

I will get concerned about Moore when the left gets concerned about Al Franken. I won't really get fully concerned until the left decide to crucify their hero Dr. Martin Luther King. All the evidence about his MANY egrigous indiscretions is conveniently suppressed or ignored. Sweep EVERYWHERE or shut up.

#48 Reynolds, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  9. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Were the sexual transgressions perfectly timed for the victim? Sorry for the inconvenience you poor politician you.

10. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A smear campaign. Talk about MLK?

11. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How in the world do you even know? MLK? What are you even talking about? Talk about deflection. I’ve watched the WaPo destroy Spacey and Louis CK. Not exactly Republican heroes there. The right? All they’ve done is circle the wagons and act like grown men dating 14 year olds is perfectly normal. It’s gross.

12. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So your morality is tied to what other people do? You can't be scrupulous unless others are?

Fortunately, you are in luck today! I'm not part of "the left," but I'm quite concerned about Al Franken and I've never given MLK a pass for his misdeeds (sexual immorality and plagiarism). So you can now be concerned about Roy Moore.

I agree.

Time for you to start sweeping everywhere. I have led the way for you.

13. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You aren't sweeping anywhere. Go after your Democrat icons.

14. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    (1) Not my icons.
    (2) I'm not a Democrat, no matter how convenient it would be for your argument.
    (3) I don't see anyone defending them.
    (4) I have already expressed concern about Franken and MLK, as well as Bill Clinton and Anthony Weiner, but if you would like to start a thread defending them, I will oppose you.

I'm waiting.

15. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh and guess what. WaPo is now talking about Franken. How bout that. Now leading Democrats starting an investigation. Amazing.

Your turn Reynolds. Oh let me guess. These were just excuses you didn’t want to get called on.

#55 Use of Time, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sweep the career scumbags in office out and then worry about the newly elected.

17. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm working on that, but your excuse is nonsensical.

Why would you want to elect new problematic people? That only perpetuates the problem. That's like recognizing that you have a rat problem, setting traps, but then demanding that new rats be allowed to come in.

I'm certain you are much smarter than your rhetoric and would not suggest such a foolish and illogical position if you were not caught on your own assertions.

Let's keep Moore and any other persons who sexually abuse out of office and start cleaning house of those who are already in office. That's a reasonable and ethical position.

18. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Last minute allegations can't be vetted.

• Winner Winner x 1