1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Speak up: NOW...THIS WEEK

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by shodan, May 19, 2009.

1. shodan

shodan Member
    Site Supporter

Democrats Are Fast-Tracking Nearly 1,000-Page 'Cap-and-Trade' Bill That Would Increase Electricity Bills

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=48290

THEY ARE TRYING TO RAMROD IT THROUGH THIS WEEK.
    YOUR CONGRESSMAN NEEDS TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Pres. Obama: "Under my plan, of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket."

Democrats Are Fast-Tracking Nearly 1,000-Page 'Cap-and-Trade' Bill That Would Increase Electricity Bills

Spearheaded by committee Chairman Henry Waxman (D-Calif.), Democrats hope to have a vote on the nearly 1,000 page bill by the end of the week

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=48290

YOUR Congressmen needs to HEAR from YOU.

NOW

https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

or better CALL THEM!!!

Dr. John R. Christy, a lead author of the IPCC report, Professor of Atmospheric Science and Director of the Earth System Science Center at the University of Alabama: [comments from debate on 11 Feb., 2009, that is just 3 months ago]:
    --Our ignorance about the climate system is enormous, and policy makers need to know that. This is an extremely complex system, and thinking we can control it is hubris. [THIS is the most important fact of the whole issue.]
    --The greatest climate change for the world is not physical change but impact on economy from climate change policies.
    --Hansen’s 1988 hypothesis of future CO2 and temperature was badly wrong. Another test: climate models uniformly say greenhouse signal will be warming in tropical troposphere; but empirical observations show hypothesis false
    --Greenhouse response of clouds: dominant greenhouse effect is water vapor and clouds; CO2 is small by comparison. Models say water vapor is positive feedback on surface warming by CO2; empirical data show, per Spencer, that though over 1000 climate model runs predict positive feedback, the reality is that they are negative.
    --Models predicted Sierra Nevada models would warm more than surrounding areas of California; actual data show opposite, indeed no warming in the mountains. Why is the valley warming so much? Because of agriculture. Irrigation changed the temperature. So if you want to return the climate to what it was, depopulate and de-irrigate.
    --Don’t demonize energy: without it, life is brutal and short. For Kenyans, forest is energy, backs of women are transmission system, burning in huts is use, costing 1.3 to 5.2 million child deaths per year. African parents love their children as much as we love ours.
    --IPCC appeal is argument from authority; look at the data, not the models or theory; I was a lead author, can assure it was political selection process, and more so because you can only be on it if you have certain views. Conclusions are predetermined.

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Cap and Trade is just one more tool in the arsenal of obama to destroy this country. One begins to wonder why he hates this country so much. Could it be his religion or is he just a diehard Marxist?

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

whether it's religion or marxism, without a doubt he hates this country, he's doing his best to destroy it.
    if this passes many people will live with no heat, my sons families inlcuded.

4. SeekingTruth

SeekingTruth Member

I think it is his messianic complex surfacing. After all, he is the one chosen to lead his people out of darkness of capitalism into the light of a fascist land.:1_grouphug:

5. OldRegular

I thought he just had big ears but perhaps it is the start of a halo!:laugh::laugh:

6. SeekingTruth

SeekingTruth Member

Those aren't ears, they are receptors on which he receives his guidance from the planet Ork. Where else could he get such weird ideas?:laugh:

7. OldRegular

My mistake. I thought his ideas were typical of the radical left. Perhaps these receptors con be used to identify those of the radical left?

8. Carolina Baptist

Carolina Baptist Active Member

I tried to use the link to send a message to my congressman. The site stopped. I could not send a message. Is this more evidence of a congress that doesn't want to hear from us?