1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Speaking in tongues / why does it always sound the same???

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Apr 28, 2006.

1. AwesomeMachine

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Bible says at Pentecost the Apostles prophesied in tongues, and everyone in the upper room heard them in his native language. But the people outside thought they were drunk because it sounded to them like the Apostles were uttering nonsense. I don't know how that fits in with tongues being for unbelievers, because it wasn't then.

As far as interpreting tongues, the interpretation is not dependent on the actual words spoken. The interpretation is inspired from God. So, if five interpreters watch a video of someone speaking in tongues, each will have his own interpretation of what is said.

I used to prophesy all the time. But I quit, because it filled people with rage. They knew it was the truth. They didn't try to refute my words. But many times I heard, "Who are you to judge me?" or "Who do you think you are, God?" or "Who died and made you God?"

One time I was standing outside my church and a woman I didn't even know, who I had never met, just walked up to me and started berating me. So, I thought I might tell her something about herself; something that no knew but her. So, I did. And she freaked out, claiming I must be spying on her.

I said, "No, God told me about you." So, be warned, if you ever do learn prophesy, you'll wish you hadn't. If you like prophesying, and most others like your prophesies, you're not a prophet. I told two Jehovah Witnesses the truth, and they literally turned and ran to their car and drove away.

#41 AwesomeMachine, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017