1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Speaking in Tongues

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by TGC77536, Feb 20, 2002.

1. atestring

atestring New Member

We are all entitled to an opinion.
    If you don't want to speak in tongues , then
    DON"T!!!
    But why does it bother you if others do.

If you don't like churches where this is allowed then don't attend.
    If you don't like tv preachers that teach that this is ok, use the off switch on the remote control or change the channel.
    God will never force any gift or experience on anyone. And this would not mean that you are not saved .

Kathy I am not singling you out on this issue.
    But I do not understand from many post on this issue ( you have posted many times) why it would bother people for someone who is praying to God in their prayer closet or speaking in tongues in a church that allows this to bother them.
    I could understand if someone was forcing something on you that you did not want but unless this is the case, i don't uderstand the problem.

[ February 25, 2002, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: atestring ]

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're here; you're saying it's okay. Why does Kathy continue to post? As someone stated before, we each have a biblical duty and responsibility to correct incorrect doctrine/teachings.

If you choose to continue answering Kathy, then you should be aware that you yourself are the catalyst for the issue to continually be brought up.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

Most Tv reacher who teach tongues usually have other flawed doctrines too. Such as the name it and claim it preachers, who most all tongues teaching Tv preachers usualy subscribe to some form of it.

4. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a "Seeker's Forum" and you masterfully turned it into a debate. We cannot allow this forum to turn into a circus, so with your kind permission and cooperation I am closing this thread. If you need to know all about the Biblical perspective on speaking in tongues, post this question in the appropriate forum. This forum is reserved for those who are genuenly seeking answers to know the Lord!