1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spirit of God - Catholic church stuns the world

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by wopik, Sep 11, 2004.

1. dean198

dean198 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Eric, we have spoken before....I am house church. Remember I sent you the link to David Bercot....you thought he was Church of Christ. Calvin taught the heretical idea that the Son is eternally self-existing and is not eternally begotten of the Father. Arminius in response said:

"[The Calvinists say] that the essence of the Father could not be said to be communicated to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, in any other than in an improper sense; but that it was in perfect correctness and strict propriety common alike to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. To these observations I answered, "that this opinion was at variance with the word of God, and with the whole of the ancient Church, both Greek and Latin, which had always taught, that the Son had His Deity from the Father by eternal generation." To these remarks I subjoined, "that from such an opinion as this, necessarily followed the two mutually conflicting errors, Tri-theism and Sabellianism" Arminius, Complete Works.

Dean