1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spirit of thankfulness

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by just-want-peace, Nov 25, 2020.

1. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yesterday for some reason I just immediately felt a great sense of thankfulness to Him for ---- whatever!!
    I tried to discern the reason for this, but nothing unusual (that I was aware of anyway) had occurred other than this sudden sense of gratitude for which I thanked God.
    This has only happened to me, as best I can remember, only a very few time in the past, but it is a mighty uplifting episode when it does occur!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We give you thanks, Lord, on this day,
    May we be not remiss
    To affirm your bounty as we pray
    In even a year like this.

We know that we must trust your Word,
    And leave behind our guessings
    Of why our pains be so incurred,
    And remember long your blessings.

For if we keep our eyes on you
    We'll fear no evil thing.
    Your rod and staff will see us though,
    And we'll your praises sing.

So on this day of giving thanks
    Upon your Word we stand,
    And see from Jordan's stormy banks
    Your magnificent promised land.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Charles Perkins

Charles Perkins Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There is so much to be thankful for when we take the time to ponder it. God works with us in ways beyond knowing. We know that God's love as the Father, far exceeds the love of any of even the best fathers past, present or future. I'm sure that in his love he prompts the Spirit to lift us up even when we might not realize the need. God knows and cares.

It is amazing when you think about it. We are so insignificant really and yet God has such great plans for all of us his children. The burden God removes as well when we can give God our troubles and when we repent of our sins.

One wonders sometimes how often the Spirit in us has it's unuttered calls to God, speaking for us when we don't even know it.

May God bless you with many other moments like this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. kathleenmariekg

kathleenmariekg Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I finished cooking my thanksgiving meal and sat down to pray my thanks, I sobbed so long the food was getting cold.

I know exactly why I am so grateful. It has been a rough rough ROUGH ride to where I am ensconced, and it is a little lonely at times, but I am safe and I was able to complete the mission that was given to me.

I am so very very VERY grateful.

• Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
  5. Charles Perkins

Charles Perkins Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'll pray for you. These are difficult times, but we have such a great Father who hears and acts, knowing our needs better than we do. I'm sure there are many of us on here that would gladly accept emails or other correspondence especially at your more trying moments. Perhaps even a forum post on the topic might provide other ideas. There must be many that have had to work this out and perhaps there are some creative ideas that might help.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thank you for a good report.

O give thanks unto the Lord;
    for he is good;
    for his mercy endureth for ever.
    1 Chronicles 16:34

• Like Like x 1
  7. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is times like this that only a Christian can appreciate, since the circumstances CANNOT overcome the peace that only HE can give!!:):):)

8. kathleenmariekg

kathleenmariekg Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am starting to weaken as this holiday season progresses. I have not lost my gratefulness, which is different than strength. I am learning that you can be grateful but intensely uncomfortable and weak at the same time.

Humans were not designed to thrive in isolation. I am human.

To feel weakness, trains us for service. The greatest leaders are people that are strong, but who somehow also fully understand weakness.

I feel on track. I feel grateful. But ... I will be glad when this is over. I think. Unless the next step of training is even harder.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I've seen numerous indications that some imagine they want 2020 to be over as quickly as possible. That assumes a lot they cannot possibly know. Never say it can't be worse. I'll just wait thankfully.