1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spirit vs. Soul Salvation...HUH?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by bmerr, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Ummm... Yes, since I'm the one speaking in the link.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In Rev 21 AFTER the 1000 years the place He has prepared for us WILL come down out of heaven. But FIRST Rev 19 HE comes and TAKES US to heaven 1Thess 4 and the saints are raised in the "First Resurrection" Rev 20 - the same one that Paul mentions in 1Thess 4 where he says "the Dead in Christ" are raised.

This has always been the one true focus of the church since Christ mentioned it in his promise in Joh 14 "I will come again AND RECEIVE YOU to Myself".

3. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Well the position has pretty well been stated as clearly as it can on a message board. This is a teaching that has been quickly disappearing from churches, because it is a message that you can't build a church of 1,000s of people and you can't bring in 1,000s of dollars. And so you can't be popular within the association and all of that political stuff that has swarmed into our churches.

This is a message of accountability and this is something that the vast majority of people don't want. You mind your business and I'll mind my business and we'll all get along.

But we are to be a people that holds each other accountable in love, and we will be held accountable to our Lord and King whether we want to believe it or not.

This is really not a doctrine that can be explained in great detail over a message board and so I continue to encourage people to study it out before making a rash decision that could impact your life for the better or for the worse.

As I have said before and I will say again if anyone is interested in seriously studying this message through you are more than welcome to contact me via PM, email or instant message. I will be more than happy to supply you with some Godly resource material and converse with you on a one-on-one basis, which is easier to communicate when dealing with some of these issues, because we are able to stay on track :)

I have never been more convinced that this message is God's Truth. It is Biblically solid and the Bible just absolutely comes alive as one can get an accurate big picture and then accurately plug in the details.

4. gekko

gekko New Member

from what i understand about this whole thing... it doesnt affect me and my relationship with the God of Israel - nor does it affect fellowship with other believers - nor does it give or take away accountability for me.

no im not saying im "too good for this teaching" - no. im not a good person. that is why i need accountability.

i was waitin for you to reply J.Jump... where were you?? lol. =:-i

5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    While I admit that the preterist error does not catch on very fast among Christian churches I DO contend that they are at least correct in thinking of texts like 2Tim 2 and Romans 11 as being important and applicable to believers (in other ages if not to actual NT believers today).

I just don't like their "good Bible - bad bible" slicing and dicing of the NT into "that's not for me" sections.

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    On the other hand this soul or spirit lost while the other is saved - is totally bogus so also the idea that the saved of God are "not all saints".

7. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Gekko I have been on the road traveling and was having a little trouble accessing the site :) But all should be good to go now.

BobRyan you just keep on believing your hand-me-down, man-made religion and see how that works for you. As for me I will continue to trust Scripture. The Scriptures that tell us that the spirit is saved by grace through faith and the Scriptures that tell us that the soul is saved by obedience, which can be lost even after it is accepted. And I will continue to believe in Scriptures that say the body will be saved at a future day.

You keep ignoring Scripture because you can't find these truths on the service if you want to, but I pray I will overcome and that I will fight the good fight and that I will run and finish the race of faith!

8. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

The one by S. S. Craig should be read first.

9. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

There is NO "purgatory" in the Bible.

Tell me of Matt. 25:30, which one of 'outer darkness' is speak of 'temporaily' or 'everlasting' punishment??

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20m -Amen!

By the way I am ex-premill for many years. I became amill about 6 years ago. I wish I could discuss deep on 'a thousand years' of scriptures what these are talking about.

Next week more likely on Wednesday, I will post to discuss deep on 'a thousand' with verses, what these are talking about. Because I am on the vacation right now. I am going out of town today, and will be return on Wednesday. While I am still on the vacation till next week on Saturday. I will have plenty time to make post to discuss more deep on 'a thousand', what these are talking about.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

10. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

No one has said anything about purgatory, except for you, that I recall.

You have been shown before where outer darkness is not permanent. Why should we show you again? Now, the unsaved will go into the lake of fire forever, but that's been shown many times before as well.