1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spiritual mapping

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by steveo, Sep 24, 2004.

1. steveo

steveo New Member

What do you think about spiritual mapping?
    My friend told me he had a class at southern seminary about it and our association is advertising a spiritiual warfare conference talking about mapping and they will have an expert in mapping there.
    I haven't heard much about it but from what I understand it sounds charasmatic.

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Spiritual Mapping is a mystical sub-sect of fringe charismania, and sadly being adopted by some misguided evangelicals. Jewish magical intertestamental literature of the NT era (like Testament of Solomon and Gnostic writings gives similar magical formulae to the "mapping" of the modern movement.

Note, though, that Paul confronted demonic activity and:

Paul does not discuss the origin of the demons;
    Paul does not reconstruct spirit hierarchies;
    Paul does not affirm territorial jurisdiction;
    Paul does not name the powers
    Paul does not list the functions of various spirits;
    Paul does not teach techniques for thwarting demons. (Arnold)

"Strikingly, at each point where Paul is silent, SLSW [spiritual mapping text] speaks. In short, SLSW has more in common with intertestamental Judaism than with New Testament Christianity" (Chuck Lowe, p. 84).

For complete answer to this extreme cult -
    http://www.leannepayne.org/articles/displayarticle.php?articleid=1

3. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is Bob Larson one of these guys?

4. Bro.Bill

Bro.Bill New Member

Dr. Bob thanks for the article and the site.This is the 1st I had even heard about "spiritual mapping".

5. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I am not sure if he promotes spiritual mapping, but he promotes a lot of the more bizarre spiritual warfare techniques.

I have been familiar with this spiritual mapping because my ministry deals with the occult and I was once involved in the occult for many years.

I am horrified by some of the unbiblical teachings on spiritual warfare that have come out of the church. In fact, the irony is that many of these spiritual warfare techniques are very much like occult techniques and involve the same kind of magical thinking one finds in the occult.

6. steveo

steveo New Member

Thanks for the info Dr BOB.