1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spiritual Maturity

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by SirColes, Mar 8, 2006.

1. bapmom

bapmom New Member

genesis,

I agree.

but your previous statement gave me the impression that it was your opinion that when one is truly saved than they automatically will portray the fully maturity of Christ Himself. There are some who act as if a new Christian should not fail, or as if once they are saved than they no longer struggle with the old temptations that they used to struggle with. I think that in the least this last in disingenuous.

2. Calvibaptist

Calvibaptist New Member

If you are looking for a gauge, don't turn to the spiritual disciplines. They are definitely not the end, but the means to an end. That doesn't mean to ignore them, it just means don't use them as the gauge. I think you have realized this.

I would say that the best gauges are the ones found in Scripture. Are you growing in your love for the Lord. Do you desire fellowship with the brethren. Are you exhibiting the fruit of the Spirit? Good sections to read and examine yourself against would be Romans 12-16, Ephesians 4-6, and Galatians 5-6.

3. genesis12

genesis12 Member

OK. [​IMG]