1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

spiritual warfare and sexual purity

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by B.A.S.S., Mar 7, 2005.

1. B.A.S.S.

B.A.S.S. New Member

Many of you have heard of the book "Every Man's Battle." A local E.Free church has an annual conference and follow up program called "Every Man's Battle for Purity." Kind of a purity bootcamp where you wear dogtags and report to a "purity platoon." The emphasis was on discipline and self-control.
    While I was at Bethel College in Minnesota a number of my friends and I went through a bible study called "Lust Free Living" www.lustfreeliving.org. The emphasis was on fighting spiritually first as a child of God and taking thoughts captive.
    The topic of sexual purity is crucial, especially for our youth. Please examine www.lustfreeliving.org and let me know what you think.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Joshuah Harris has a book "I kissed dating good-bye" that my homeschool daughters read -- and the result is - no dating in HS and College until ready to get married.

In Christ,

Bob

3. Born Again Catholic

Born Again Catholic New Member

Welcome B.A.S.S.

God Bless them they are on the right path for the most part, but they haven't gone deep enough into the subject to realize some of the problems with their teaching on m'n

Read JPII "Theology of the Body, Human Love in the Divine Plan" it goes so deep into the meaning and purpose of our sexuality it is truly life-changing . It completelly ties together 2000 years of christian teaching on sexuality and explains how God has revealed this to us from Gen to Rev. Difficult but extremely worthwhile reading.

After reading this no way of being confused about the beauty and holy purpose of our sexuality or specifically why some misuses of our sexuality are so offensive to God.

Also recommend "Love and Responsibilty"

God Bless