1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spiro Zodhiates

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Stephen, Jul 24, 2001.

1. Stephen

Stephen New Member

Has anyone read this author and what do you think of his works?

Stephen

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    His three volume (now in one large) on James is a classic word-by-word from the Greek. Extremely helpful when I preached on James for Prayer meeting - 1 verse a week.

Lots of pithy illsutrations - again from his greek backround.

Read his Study Bible and was NOT impressed, but some on the BB have given it high marks.

3. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand that he has written over 40 books and is well known for his Greek knowledge (since he is Greek). An amiable gentleman, tackled Mark 13:32 pretty well and promised to include it in his next book. Recommend him highly! [​IMG]

He is the only believer, I know of, who preaches out of a Greek Bible (to an English audience), and when he reads the verses they sound like he was reading them from the King James Bible! Incidentally, his first name is Spiros. ;)

[ July 24, 2001: Message edited by: B. J. Halo ]

4. Stephen

Stephen New Member

Thanks gentlemen ... I was thinking of ordering his The Epistles of John-1,2,3. Oh and thanks for correcting me on the spelling of his first name BJ. Guess I got in a hurry. [​IMG]