1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. Valentine

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by ktn4eg, Feb 5, 2005.

1. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Just exactly who was St. Valentine?

Why is 2/14 considered to be St. Valentine's Day?

Is there any connection between this St. Valentine and the varied expressions of love that we exchange at this period of the year?

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. Glory2God

Glory2God New Member

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think any harm is done by someone sending his/her spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend a Valentine's Day card. I'm giving my wife a necklace for Valentine's Day this year. [​IMG]

5. Glory2God

Glory2God New Member

Ken,
    Suit yourself. I'm not a Nicolaitan, the brther was asking for some info. What you or anyone else does with it is none of my business, that's between you and God.
    God be lifted,
    David

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Neither am I as I am a Christian. [​IMG]

It's just that I hate to see Christians acting silly by opposing things like celebrating Valentine's Day, Christmas Day, Easter Sunday, etc.

But I understand that there are Christians that are very legalistic and apparently have a sour attitude toward anyone having any fun in their lives. I guess they don't have any fun in their lives and want everyone else to be as miserable in their walk with God as they are.

Since I don't know you, Glory2God, I am not directing the above paragraph toward
    you. [​IMG]