1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stand Up for Your Faith Against Islam

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Jan 15, 2007.

1. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Of course it was a copout. So is his 'witnessing' to muslims without dropping bombs on them, just like his moniker is a copout.

Unless of course, our 'citizen' is witnessing . . . But, that is in contrast to:

Because God commanded us to evangelize within this spiritual combat zone.

#41 El_Guero, Jan 17, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2007
  2. Citizen

Citizen New Member

Thank you for your insults! :flower:

3. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I was actually holding out hope that you practiced what God has already commanded you to do.

Thank you for revealing your true colors.

Just remember that the next time you have the opportunity to witness and are 'waiting on God to call you'.

4. Citizen

Citizen New Member

I appreciate your attempts of antagonizing me by misrepresenting what I have previosuly stated. I hold no ill will against you for it because I know that you're doing it more to justify your own beliefs rather than destroy mine.

5. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

As long as you appreciate it enough to witness for Jesus.

He did command you and I to be faithful.

And that is my belief . . . . I pray that your 'belief' is similar. But, you really do not seem to express that your belief is similar.

6. Citizen

Citizen New Member

I have made my beliefs very clear and you have as well. The rest is just you-trying to insult-me. But as I stated before, it's okay. I'm not angry with you. :flower:

7. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Islam offers its believers no savior who can bear all their sins before their god. Entry into paradise is based on good works and the favor of Allah. Islam claims martyrs to their faith have great preference before Allah to be accepted into paradise. It is viewed by some as the only sure hope in a religion based on works. Some view the self destructive acts of terrorism as acts of martyrdom even though suicide itself is wrong by their religious law. Radical believers are willing to pay this price for the assurance of eternity in paradise. The promise of seventy two virgins and eternal sexual gratification in paradise is very attractive to many young men living in such hopelessness. Even among many moderates there is empathy for those who take this radical path. There is really no rational political solution to such deeply ingrained beliefs. A representative form of government at least helps to prevent unchecked rule by a self serving tyrant. That hope is what we have planted in Iraq for many. Whether it will work or not - long term - remains to be seen. The threat of response at a national level to actions or inaction is the best deterrent we have. If nations understand we will use force - to the extent necessary for as long as necessary and to whatever cost is necessary - they may take a different view against their own radicals not wanting to endure the consequences themselves. They may not change their belief system but they may very well keep the actions in check. If they know we'll give up when the fight becomes complex, unclear, or difficult then they'll easily outlast us. Only the Holly Spirit can move their hearts and minds away from such tenants. Our government is acting justly when we send our troops to fight against this evil and we must continue to do so constantly in prayer that God Almighty leads us in the proper direction.

8. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Carpro

I just wonder when (WHEN), our Christians in America will start witnessing to those muslims here that are going to HELL.

Why do we hate them so much that we would let them come into our country and NOT offer them the True Gospel every day until they accept Christ?

Why do we hate them so much that we choose to send them to hell in their unbelief?

When will we witness to the lost, especially the muslims here. We do not even have to go far. They are all over the place.

9. Citizen

Citizen New Member

I am pleased to see someone else finally calling for witnessing over bombing. Refreshing.

10. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

When was the last time you witnessed to a muslim?

Me? Within the month.

As for bombing terrorists? Each and every time that a terrorist places an American soldier in danger of being sent to his or her eternal destiny. Why? - because most of the American soldiers are lost and going to hell.

I do not support your stance that American soldiers should lay down their arms in face of their enemy. That is such and injustice to our soldiers. To think that it is 'ok' for the lost to die to protect your way of life. When you and I die, we should be in Heaven with our Lord. To ask the lost to die in your place is at best sad.

To use rhetoric to make it sound like you are witnessing when your only point was to protect muslim terrorists from American munitions opens your logic up for inspection and refutation.

GO! And while you are GOING, make disciples.

#50 El_Guero, Jan 17, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2007
  11. Citizen

Citizen New Member

I refuse to engage in a "who's better" contest with you. I don't have to go anywhere and we have no business sending our innocents anywhere to kill other innocents. But once again, I thank you for your insults.

12. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Do you really want me to insult you?

First, when was the last time that you witnessed to anyone . . . lost, saved, or indifferent?

The Blood of Jesus has saved you(*). It seems to me is that all you are doing with that salvation is exporting rhetoric. While there are so many in the world dying and going to Hell, you are waiting upon the God that commanded you to make disciples to 'call you' to witness. That rhetoric condemns people to eternity in hell without any opportunity of hearing the Word of God.

(*) This is based upon your participation in these threads - if you are not saved, let me know, because I do not waste the opportunity to witness, even if that witness is refused.

13. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

What would you do if he did? Would you oblige and fire away?

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another copout.

15. Citizen

Citizen New Member

I don't want you to, but it wouldn't bother me if you did. The Bible clearly states that I should expect persecution of all sorts, be it verbal or physical.

However, I believe it's a sin to encourage sinful behavior, so no, I will not give you my blessing in your insults. You have managed just fine without it in fact.

16. Citizen

Citizen New Member

carpro, I appreciate you. I really do. But I say this with nothing but love in my heart: my answers, posts, replies, beliefs aren't subject to your approval or judgement.:flower:

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This entire thread has been about witnessing. You are the one that tried to sidetrack it into an anti war diatribe.

Your efforts have been unsuccessful. It is not hard for those that post here to discern what your true agenda is.:)

18. Citizen

Citizen New Member

I haven't tried to track it anywhere in fact. I've simply asked (over and over without response from you) how one "stands up to" Islam.
    So easy to discern in fact, that it needed to be pointed out by you. :applause:

19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really?

Citizen quotes from this thread:

"I'm not sure how we're suppose to be converting Muslims if we're dropping bombs on them or labeling them all as "terrorists."

"I don't believe in "bombing them and let the Holy Spirit sort em out," as you seem to imply. I hope I took your response wrong."

"Don't you see how hypocritical we look when we talk about the love of Jesus while advocating the destruction of a people?"

"No one is talking about cowering away from the Faith. I'm talking about the hypocrisy of preaching the love of Christ while we celebrate war."

"I am pleased to see someone else finally calling for witnessing over bombing. Refreshing."

"I don't have to go anywhere and we have no business sending our innocents anywhere to kill other innocents. "

Conclusion:

You have echo syndrome. No one was responding along the lines you wanted so you kept echoing yourself, even though it was obviously off topic.

Your attempts to derail the thread have been unsuccessful, but I think we got the point that you have a problem with a war in which muslims are the primary enemy.

But you are welcome to start a thread on that topic and fire away. I'm sure your muslim apologist tenor will draw some responses.

20. Citizen

Citizen New Member

So enlighten me. How should one stand up against Islam? Your refusal to offer suggestions only leads to speculation. My posts were entirely on topic but again, thank you for the insults.