1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

State Department: Yep, We Deleted That Video

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    After being caught lying last month about the Iran nuclear deal, specifically negotiations between the Iranian regime and the Obama administration, the State Department deleted an important exchange between Fox News Chief White House Correspondent James Rosen and former Spokeswoman Victoria Nullen. As Rosen reported a few weeks ago:

When the video portion was found missing, the State Department claimed the footage of the exact statement under scrutiny went missing because of a "glitch."

Yesterday during the State Department daily press briefing, Admiral John Kirby admitted the video was intentionally deleted, but would not say by who or why.

"This was a deliberate request. This was not a technical glitch, it was a deliberate request to excise video. And as I said, I said it this morning to the staff, I don't find that was an appropriate step to take," Kirby said.

Former White House Press Secretary Dana Perino is far from impressed with the State Department excuses and points out the deletion of material from the press briefing in question in likely a violation of the federal records act.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer