1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

State Dept Memo on Drug Trafficing Countries

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Daisy, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Guess who is #1?

Venezuela is there on the list - at the bottom - and Columbia comes in at #6, but it is our own Afghanistan who is #1.

[editted to add: Reading this over, I now see that the list is alphabetical, d'oh! **slaps forehead** so please disregard the #numbers]

Of course, it's not Afghanistan officials who are to blame for this, it's....geography, yeah, that's the ticket, and, duh, economic factors (drugs make money, legal & illegal).

So if we remove geographic & economic factors, Venezuela is obviously the worse offender.

Burma? Hmm, does Burma have oil? When did they stop being Myanmar?

Does that mean that we are going to fund, um, insurgents (we wouldn't fund terrorists - insurgents don't become terrorists until they are working for the wrong side) to overthrow Chavez' government?

And all east Asian drug trafficking is to be blamed on the evil North Korea, even if the traffickers are actually Chinese or Japanese or any one else not Burmese (Myanmarian? Myanmarese? Myanmari?).

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

3. SeekingTruth

SeekingTruth Member

Why debate with these two? Along with p-nut, they will believe any hare brained statement, and will make any hare brained statement that seems to cast negativity on Bush and this country.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Wait till the globalists put another Demoncrat in office then I'll be on "your side" again SeekingTruth. Till then you'll just have to hear the truth about the Republicans being manipulated by the elite. ;)

My favorite recipe for rabbit.

5. Daisy

Daisy New Member

It's so much more fun to make nasssteeee personal remarks about them, tee-hee!

or

Because this is a debate forum?

Stater of Deliberate Untruths! Is your nom de web meant to be ironic?

So which statement do you consider to be the most ill-advised and why?

6. SeekingTruth

SeekingTruth Member

Daisy, your sarcasm and snide comments illustrate your lack of class and the shallowness of your intellect.

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Am I missing something here? :confused:

I got the feeling ST would rather not risk the pain of debating you on a level playing field Daisy. ;)

[ September 18, 2005, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: poncho ]

8. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

This is an admission of laziness and quitting
    come on SeekingTruth you are bigger than that
    my goodness think long and hard on the BB name
    handle you choose for yourself "SeekingTruth"
    or is that just a misnomer.

Apparently you have some counterpoints or you
    would not be so frustrated...lets have them and
    see what others think.

Sincerely Aslanspal

Back to topic: Bush admin forgotten hostages
    in Colombia??

The American contractors -- Tom Howes, Marc Gonsalves and Keith Stansell -- were captured on February 13, 2003, after their small plane crashed in a rebel stronghold in southern Colombia while on an anti-drug mission.

Where is help from Bush??Link

Note this is not Venezuella, Mexico, or Afghanistan it is a country we claim to have a
    handle on and great influence and still 3 Americans have been forgotten by this Bush administration...imho more Bush incompetence.

Of course we pray for their safe release but where
    is the faith and leadership for someone to act as
    in the Executive branch and our State department.

It is nowhere to be seen and it is silent...pitiful and bad performance imho.

now comes the bush apologist and excuses..again and again and again and again.

<a href="http://www.heldhostageincolombia.com/documents/Letter_Campaign_FINAL.html" target="_blank">You can help by
    writting link</a>

[​IMG] It will be 3 years by Feb. 2006

9. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Mote, beam, Seeking - besides, I have never claimed class or intellect. You original post on this thread was nothing but dismissive insulting personal attacks on me and two others, one of whom hadn't even posted to this thread - which makes your attack on him entirely gratuitous. So far, every post of yours to this thread has been an off topic attack on fellow posters.

At least I tried to steer the thread back to the actual topic when I asked you,"So which statement do you consider to be the most ill-advised and why?".

Instead of pursuing your vendetta, please state, with as few personal attacks as you can manage, what specific statements in the OP you consider to be "hare brained" and why. It would be extra pleasant if you could muster up some supporting facts for your view. Please don't let Bush's only defender on this thread be seen as an ill-natured troll.

TIA

[ September 19, 2005, 07:02 AM: Message edited by: Daisy ]