1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured State of the Union Takeaway: Dictatorship

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

He's trying to work on his LEGACY. Every 2nd termer does it. I think he knows deep down he will be remembered as being almost as awful as Jimmy Carter---the difference being Carter couldn't get reelected. So....he knows the Senate will fall to the Republicans. The House will remain Republican. He's fired his ONE SHOT to pass Obamacare...he has no more political capital to spend. So he's going to flex his executive muscles. Increasing mininum wage for GOVERNMENT CONTRACTORS *ONLY* OUGHT TO HONK OFF a lot of ppl. I can't wait until the nightmare is over....he and Eric Holder will hopefully return to the Sith Planet that spawned them. Then we get to watch Biden vs Hillary for the nomination....should actually be even more entertaining than watching the Republicans attempt to produce a viable candidate. The older I get, the more I despise politics.

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Arguing with either side is an exercise in futility. Divided we fall.

3. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you actually believe we have a working democracy anymore. Without rational discussion and compromise that is impossible. All I'm calling for is a bi-partician effort to do SOMETHING good for America. When your agenda is totally negative like that of the Congressional Republicans that isn't possible.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

We do not have a democracy. We have an oligarchy.

Our real rulers don't want anything good for America. They only want more money, more power and more control, period.

Wake up. We don't have a two party system. We have a one party system that is owned and controlled by the global banks and corporations. If you truely want what's good for America then snap out of the false left vs right paradigm that's been pulled over your eyes and quit being a part of their divide and conquer game.