1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Statement of Faith

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Bible John, Jun 10, 2006.

1. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

If you are copying and modifying published statements, should they not be referenced in someway on the SOF page on your site?

2. IronWill

IronWill New Member

Mmm...excellent point. It's always a good idea to link back to any material referenced on your website so that it can be seen in it's original context.

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Why not develop your own statement of faith? That way you don't need to worry about copying anyone.

And please John, the is not a KJVO board, please stop treating us as though we are based on how you have been treated other places. You have used most of your threads to tell us how mean KJVOs have been to you elsewhere.

How about a freash start here?

4. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

Here you go! I thought you might need this.

5. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

thanks Stefan :laugh:

6. Bible John

Bible John New Member

I hope so with the exception of John of Japan and 2 other people.

I wish I could killfile their mean spirited posts.

7. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Publicly singling out John is not a way for a fresh start.

8. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Let me tell ya,

John of Japan is one of the ones around here who you ought to be hoping would someday have the time and inclination to write an article for you, BibleJohn.

Since he most likely has thick enough skin to withstand this sort of thing, I will do my best to not take up an offense for him, but JoJ does not deserve this. He could be one of the best friends that CERM could ever come across.

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

John of Japan???

Methinks you must be mistaken again. I have never seen a mean-spirited word from this brother. He has been a welcome and refreshing addition to the BB.

10. Bible John

Bible John New Member

Its obvious from reading your response that you do not care at all about me, but only John of Japan.

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Just a freindly note John, your seeming martyr complex is not going to win you friends or allies here. Since you joined your constant them has been how much you have been mistreated and maligned by beleivers here and elsewhere. If you are going to post publicly you can expect people to disagree with you. We have a wonderful, accepting board here - may I suggest the you see it for what it is.

Now, what was the toipic of this thread anyway, oh yes "Statement of Faith." Lets get back to that topic.

Roger
    C4K

12. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Bible John

I don't think there's any need to go into my personal opinion of you so far.

For one, JoJ's responses to you (as well as others) were excellent suggestions which I should think you would be glad to have gotten since you asked for them.

Second, if you had John of Japan as an author on your site you'd get more hits just because of having his name there.

13. bapmom

bapmom New Member

ok, statement of faith.

a SOF really doesn't have to include your opinion about every aspect of the Christian life. For your website's purposes I should think a brief statement on what constitutes salvation should suffice.

What you say about worship brings up questions. If you do not want it questioned than I suggest you not include it.

Also, I suggest you add more Bible references to back up each of your statements. If you can't find a good Bible reference for it, than I suggest you not include that particular statement, either.

I think you are trying to include what would be more accurately called a "Philosophy of Ministry" into your SOF. So make a separate section on your philosophy of ministry. Since your site is supposed to be a resource for ministries this is very likely something that most ministry leaders would want to know.

Perhaps copying a SOF from a church has led you in a slightly wrong direction. Your website is not a church, and so its focus will be different. As C4K said, it would be best to just develop your own.

14. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

When I was in grad school before, I had to write a philosophy of education.

I sat down and made a list of the things I believed were true about educating students. Then I grouped them and wrote a general statement about each grouping. That worked well for me ,and I ended up with a document that was uniquely mine.

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

One of the most helpful things I ever did was to condense my ordaination paper into a personal statement of faith.

16. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the kind words from bapmom and C4K.

I'm mystified about where Bible John thought I was being insulting. I thought I was being fatherly--after all I am about 30 years or so older than he is. So I saw some potential and tried to give some advice.

I'd ask young John to PM me and we'd get it figured out, but he seems to have "resigned" the BB. Too bad! Personally I think the BB is a great forum, well moderated and with some top quality people posting. The only thing is, you will get your views challenged here, so if you can't defend them you'll be embarassed! If he wants to go to an inferior forum, I guess that's up to him. :smilewinkgrin:

17. IronWill

IronWill New Member

Some people are just looking for folks to nod their heads and agree with them. Unfortunately, I'm not that type of person.

18. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And fortunately, that character trait means you will always grow!! :thumbs: