1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Statements on Repentance - Do you agree?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Lukasaurus, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Salamander

Salamander New Member

The thing is that both A,B, and C are similar to begin to think if they might be equal. The right conclusion would ultimately be that the biggest differences are found between A and C.

2. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I suggest that once saved you are dead to the sinful nature in you (Adam) but will not live a perfect life free from sin.

3. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good point that they are close enough to be considered equal. I am not sure it would always be logical to see the biggest difference between A and C.

The biggest problem I have seen is in defining "A", "B", "C", prior to saying what it equals. For example:

A= repentance
    B= lordship
    C= something, that is not "works" and is not "faith", but that is required with faith for salvation
    D=works-based salvation theology

Some have readily acknoweldged that repentance is equal to "C", A=C, and that neither A nor C can equal D.

Lordship advocates would probably agree that A=C, but they would also say that B=C and that neither A nor B nor C can equal D.

Both sides would agree that C does not equal D, and that neither A or B can equal both C and D.

The problem, then, comes in the definitions. Those that reject "Lordship Salvation" will argue that A and B are not in the same category, therefore B does not equal C. Lordship advocates will argue the opposite and use a different definition, B=C.

Since we are using different defintions for our words, we will always talk past each other.

Now....wasn't that fun!!!:laugh:

peace to you:praying:

4. Whowillgo

Whowillgo Member
    Site Supporter

Wow, Now I'll never get to sleep

#24 Whowillgo, Sep 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2008
  5. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

True, but not necessarily the way we wind up in the forsaking department.

To say man is able to live on this planet with out sinning is claiming to be as perfect as Christ. Because of our sin nature we saddly will sin and the Bible says there is no one with out sin
    None of these men were able to avoid the very sins they repented of because they were only men. If any of them claim to they are liars and they would be making God a liar by there false claims.
    However we are no longer under the Law but we are under grace and where there is no Law there is no sin.
    Paul wrote;
    1Co 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
    MB

6. zrs6v4

zrs6v4 Member

repentance is from the heart of true worship, after salvation has taken place..

7. joyce

joyce New Member

Statements on Repentance - Do you agree

Sin is anything that seperates us from God; Jesus was the mediator between God and us; because we are sinful creatures. There is none righteous, no not one, we are saved by trading our unrighteousness for His righteousness. Now, when a saved person sins, the HS living inside them will let them know it, and they feel no peace until they ask Him for forgiveness, tell Him what they did, does He know, of course, but still wants us to own what we did and apologize. Remember God looking for Adam and Eve in garden and asking them where they are? He knew where they were. An unsaved person will sin and feel nothing; because they have not the HS living inside of them. A saved person knows when they sin, they will not have peace living in sin. But, an unsaved person who lies is a liar, a saved person who lies is not, he is in the flesh, not the Spirit, and of course, is out of fellowship with the Lord by being in the flesh, if he doesn't get back into the Spirit, the Lord will bring him around by chastising him, as He chastises those He loves.
    Those are my thoughts on the matter.
    YSIC
    Joyce