1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stepdad gravely ill

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Jkdbuck76, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Hello, folks.

My 86 year old stepdad is gravely ill. His heart is strong, but his kidneys are failing.

His kidneys did improve slightly today, probably because an infection he has is going away.

Since he has no living will instructing otherwise, Mom has determined to let him go on dialysis hoping that he will regain a lucid state of mind that would allow him to make the final determination as to whether or not he continues dialysis. I must say that I do not envy her position.

I love my stepdad and he raised me since I was 11 years old. He taught me to shave, how to change a tire, how to throw a wrench across the garage when you bust a knuckle. But most of all, he taught me about "If the Good Lords wills it...." Every time as a young buck, I'd often say "I'm going to do this and I'm going to do that." To which my stepdad, Jim, would always remind me "If the Good Lord wills it, son." He attributes his old age to the Lord.

In any case, please pray that Jim would not suffer needlessly and that God would give my Mom guidance on what to do. Before his body got too toxic (and he was able to carry on a conversation), he remarked that he has lived a long life and that he was at the end of his rope.

Please pray for us and for Jim.

Brian

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

He is in my prayers...

3. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Lord, We pray for Jim and his wife and for Brian.
    We ask for your will concerning healing,dialysis,
    and etc. May you give each one of them Your comfort,
    wisdom,and love.

So thankful to hear that Brian's stepdad was good to him.

4. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Update

He's still with us!

After they loaded him with antibiotics, his kidney function came back. But for a few days, he was slipping in and out and thought he was back in WWII and back on the farm as a boy..... Not pleasant.

They operated 2 or 3 times on his leg to draw out the infection.

Hopefully, he gets to come home tomorrow. My youngest sister offered to stay with him in the evenings while Mom is at work (gotta' keep the insurance....).

Thanks for your prayers.

5. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Thanks for the up-date Jkdbuck76!

We will continue to pray for your step-dad
    and we thank the Lord for the encouragement
    to answered prayer concerning his kidneys
    which have become to function!PTL!!