1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Stephen Anderson interviews James White

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Greektim, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Winman

Winman Active Member

My evidence is the word of God itself. God has promised to preserve his words to all generations.

Psa 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
    7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

I believe this is a promise that God will preserve his words to all generations. I believe in the English language, the KJB is that preserved text.

If not, where is God's preserved word today?

Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
    19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

This scripture implies that God will preserve his word, and that folks can recognize and know that preserved word, else how could any man know if he has added or taken away from God's word? You can't.

Again, I believe the KJB is God's preserved word in English. If God's word is preserved as he promised, it must be somewhere.

So, where is it?

And don't tell me the originals, because they have been gone for centuries and you KNOW that.

2. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh, in the beginning was the heaven and the earth - heaven should be plural, heavens, KJV gets it wrong.

Onlyism leaks over to the thought that the KJV corrects the manuscripts, if there is a difference, the KJV is right. This is absurd.

3. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Originals are gone but the multitude of manuscripts enable us to produce a trustworthy translation. KJV is trustworthy, but so are other translations.

4. Winman

Winman Active Member

If you read just a few more verses you see that God divides the heavens.

Gen 1:6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
    7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
    8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
    9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

God divided the heavens, so now we have three heavens. the heaven where God lives, the heaven with the sun, moon, and stars, and the heaven which is our atmosphere.

5. Winman

Winman Active Member

It is impossible that the scriptures both contain and omit the last 12 verses of Mark 16. The CT that omits these verses, and the RT that includes them cannot both be the preserved word of God, that is a logical impossibility.

Explain to me how the scriptures can both contain and omit these scriptures.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) So you believe that it is acceptable to handle snakes and drink poison.

2) any reason you did not address my points is post # 39?

7. Winman

Winman Active Member

In those texts the KJB was translated from.

It doesn't. Your point?

I do not know much about other versions, but if they were translated from the same text, then yes.

Those texts used to translate the KJB. They didn't create the KJB out of thin air did they?

Yes, I knew that. Your point?

8. Winman

Winman Active Member

Where did I say that? I do not believe Mark 16 is teaching that all believers can drink poison or handle snakes, but I believe these were signs by the apostles, as when the poisonous snake latched onto Paul's hand and he was not harmed.

Acts 28:1 And when they were escaped, then they knew that the island was called Melita.
    2 And the barbarous people shewed us no little kindness: for they kindled a fire, and received us every one, because of the present rain, and because of the cold.
    3 And when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks, and laid them on the fire, there came a viper out of the heat, and fastened on his hand.
    4 And when the barbarians saw the venomous beast hang on his hand, they said among themselves, No doubt this man is a murderer, whom, though he hath escaped the sea, yet vengeance suffereth not to live.
    5 And he shook off the beast into the fire, and felt no harm.
    6 Howbeit they looked when he should have swollen, or fallen down dead suddenly: but after they had looked a great while, and saw no harm come to him, they changed their minds, and said that he was a god.

Now, I do not know of any apostles that were poisoned but lived, but it very well may have happened.

So, you do not think the last 12 verses of Mark 16 should be there? Is that your view?

Didn't see it.

9. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They aren't original. The only one adding them is the KJV and NKJV. So the KJV is wrong again.

10. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Hebrew text of 1:1 of the KJV says heavens, but the KJV translators used heaven.

11. Winman

Winman Active Member

Do you speak Hebrew?

12. Winman

Winman Active Member

And you have proof for this?

13. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Before we get too far down this "oh, yeah prove it" road, is there any actual proof I could produce that would satisfy? You seem more committed to the KJV translators absolute correctness than the KJV translators themselves (read the preface, 10-11 pages) am I right?

#53 go2church, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014