1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stereotypes women hate

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by El_Guero, Dec 31, 2004.

1. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Ladies,

What stereotypes of women do you hate?

What stereotypes of women do you dislike?

In Christ

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Truthfully? I'm more upset by the stereotyping of men/ husbands on all the sitcoms!

3. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And of Christians in general.

4. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Ladies,

What stereotypes of women do you hate?

What stereotypes of women do you dislike?

In Christ

5. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

1. I don't like the stereotype that women can't drive!

2. I don't like the stereotype that women are only good for sex. (This was really bad where I grew up.)

There are more but these are the two biggest ones that annoy me.

6. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

FBC

Thanks for answering ... any more? any others?

7. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Well, I tend to think many women are unsafe drivers because they apply makeup while driving on the highway and I almost never see a woman driver who isn't on her cell phone.

Here's some that bug me.

All women lie about their age and weight.

Women talk on the phone too much.

Women whine.

Women are catty.

Women belittle other women to make themselves look better.

A widow is out to get any man, married or not.

8. FBCPastorsWife

Oh, I also hate, hate, hate the stereotype that women know nothing about cars. I know more about cars than my husband. He admits it too!! (It's something we are able to joke about.)

9. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't women actually talk more words per day than men? That would be a fact in my mind.

They say that married men live longer than unmarried men, but one professor said that when they got to doublechecking, they found that married men do not live longer--it just seems longer.

I am not in any trouble for this post, am I?

10. FBCPastorsWife

I sure don't!! I type all my words!! [​IMG]

11. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

That women are less intelligent, and/or their thoughts are less worthy of being discussed.

Especially promoted or easily seen in churches. I post a lot less on theology and the like in the last two years because of that. Women apparently are seen to be more Christian and more submissive when they play stupid and fall adoringly and gratuitously at the feet of men who explain things to them, and if they don't it's seen as rebellion or the like.
    And especially annoying it's that so many women are the ones promoting this type of thinking!
    It seems to be more of an issue in the south than out here btw.
    Gina

12. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Diane, you may disagree with this one, but even my wife agrees here. We have a dial-up line for our internet...guess how much I get to use it at night. . . :rolleyes:

(By the way, the kids are grown and out of the house, so I can't blame them (although they were all three girls)....but, just guess who my wife is talking to.) [​IMG]

13. donnA

donnA Active Member

I hate that people think I am weak becasue I am a woman, that I'm not as smart as men, or that I understand scripture less becasue I am a woman.

I am a good and safe driver, I've been driving for 20 years and have never had a ticket or been stopped for anything, and my one accident was a man in a hugh pick up driving in the middle of the road in a down pour and ran me off the road.

I do not talk on the phone, even everyday, unless my son or mom calls. I don't stand anound and chit chat.

Not catty.

14. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I HATE talking on the phone and really only talk to one church friend and my grown children.

I didn't say I disagreed with the stereotypes.

Gina, in our previous adult Sunday School class, the men who bring up a question and turn to me for the answer. I never had to play dumb or fall at the feet of men.

Diane

15. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here are the invalid generalities that are particularly annoying to me. :mad: :mad:

1. Women gossip more than men.

2. Women are less important to the church.

3. A woman's "place" has more to do with delineation of chores than differentiation of God's callings.

4. A woman who works outside the home is neglecting her role in life as a woman and is not as Godly as the woman who does.

5. A woman who has an opinion that is different from a man's and vocalizes it is a shrew and a manhater.

Well, there are others, but I don't want to be labeled as a bitter shrew!

Hmm.....a bitter shrew....I guess that would be #6, wouldn't it? HA! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Happy 2005! May God use us all to His glory!

Peace to all my sisters and my brothers, too-

YSIC
    Scarlett O. [​IMG]
    &lt;&gt;&lt;

16. delly

delly New Member

I also hate that women are portrayed as being stupid when it comes to vehicles. My ex was a shade tree mechanic, could take a vehicle apart and put it back together from the ground up, and guess who was up to her elbows and eyeballs in motor crud helping him. My hands fit in tight places where his wouldn't go. We rebuilt more old cars than I care to remember.

I also hate it when someone says women talk all the time. I have never been accused of that; just the opposite. I rarely talk on the phone at home; maybe once a week or so. I answer 6 phones at work all day. I get sick of being on the phone. My cell phone is never turned on unless I have to make an emergency call, and it does have to be an emergency. I rarely ever use more than 20 minutes of my 125 a month, if I use any at all. I have not even had my cell phone on in the month of December. If I talk to my sister, she does all the talking and I do the listening. LOL

I have never lied about my age and never have told anyone my weight. It's not anyone's business.

I am not a whiner. It doesn't get you anything.

I am a smart and safe driver and probably drive better than most men. And guys, I've driven some vehicles that I could barely climb into.

I hate the stereotype that woman have to play dumb in order for their men to feel good about themselves. I also hate that some men think that women are only good for sex, cooking and cleaning.
    God gave me a brain and he expects me to use it wisely. There were some times in my younger years when I did not do that all because of a man.

17. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Stereotypes that don't fit me:

Talking on the phone
    Liking to shop
    Owning hundreds of shoes (though my son thinks I have too many)
    Driving poorly
    Doing nails or polishing them

Also, when women are determined or feel strongly about something, they are seen as being too emotional or hysterical. That drives me nuts! :rolleyes: (Oh, there I go, getting hysterical again! ;) )

18. delly

delly New Member

Marcia, I also hate to shop. I won't go shopping until I just have to. I hate the crowds and the fact that when you have a question you can't find a salesperson, but if you are just browsing, everyone who comes by asks to help you.
    I also don't wear nail polish so no need to polish them. lol
    I also feel strongly about a lot of things, but unlike a lot of men here, I don't get so angry that I call people unChristian names and I don't complain to the moderator when a man says something unkind to me or acts like I'm a fool.

19. donnA

donnA Active Member

ok, I admit, when I can afford it, I love to shop. Sometimes I shop witout buying, hard as it is.

20. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

This one HAS to be #1:
    If a woman is upset about something, she has PMS!!