1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Steve Bannon

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm willing to take a wait and see attitude toward Bannon. I did not like his tactics at Breitbart but I'm hoping when he realizes the responsibility he has to all citizens he might tone down his rhetoric.

One thing I do not understand is how Trump can say Priebus (Chief of Staff) and Bannon (Senior Advisor) are co-equals in the administration. One is a cabinet position requiring Senate confirmation and the other is just a staff member.

Waiting for all the people that complained about Obama appointing "gurus" to positions of power to decry Bannon's appointed position of power. Could be a long wait, I know.

4. Calminian

Site Supporter

You do what all liberals do. You throw false accusations to anyone that is not liberal.

5. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your schtick of accusing anyone that doesn't agree with you as being a liberal is tiresome.

6. Calminian

Site Supporter

says the false rape accuser.

7. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You need to stop this. I never said Trump was a rape suspect. You're the one going around bearing false witness by accusing people of things they've never said.

Now, why don't you address my point about Trump appointing Bannon to a high level, powerful policy position without any Congressional oversight, similar to Obama's many gurus that the right wing condemned. Will you condemn Trump for doing the same thing?

8. Calminian

Site Supporter

No you just innocently trafficked in the story, bringing it up casually knowing there was nothing to it. Now you're trafficking in the phony Bannon stories. It's what you do.

9. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bannon HAS been appointed to a powerful position, one that Trump himself said was equal in power to the Chief of Staff. This HAS happened. I'm not trafficking in phony stories. (But you are again bearing false witness. It's what you do.)

So you're not going to address my point about appointing people to power?

#9 InTheLight, Nov 16, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  10. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have heard a number of things about Bannon and don't know what to believe. I certainly don't think a statement made as leverage in a contentious divorce battle is much evidence.

Since you say this is a lie, what is the truth about Bannon?

He is (or has been) heavily tied to Breitbart. Do his views, opinion and actions jibe with the prevailing viewpoints, opinions and actions there?

Why is he a good candidate for this position?

What is dishonest about the stories being reported?

11. Calminian

Site Supporter

First step is check your sources. He's being called a racist/racist sympathizer. He's also been called an anti-semite. Nothing is further form the truth. He's been defended by many prominent jews. Very pro-Israel.

It's equivalent to the rape story ITL was floating. They're doing anything they can to spear Trump. They don't care about truth, just results.

Here's a good video:
    Breitbart’s Pollak Takes on Three CNN Talking Heads: ‘Most Offensive Thing Bannon Has Done Is Win the White House’

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    JUST. STOP.

I never "floated" a rape story.

13. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I've heard that. I'm withholding judgement until I see evidence.

That's not evidence either way.

Breitbart is not a credible site to me. I have seen them go after a family member in regard to an issue I knew quite a bit about and they proved themselves to be profoundly dishonest. I'm not going to go into it here, but that is all the evidence I need to not trust a thing reported on that site.

You failed to answer my previous questions with anything but a link to a propaganda source I don't trust at all:

He is (or has been) heavily tied to Breitbart. Do his views, opinion and actions jibe with the prevailing viewpoints, opinions and actions there?

14. Calminian

Site Supporter

logical fallacy. Poisoning The Well. (also known as: discrediting, smear tactics)

"I know some gossip about so and so so whatever they say is a lie." childish.

Seems you've already made up your mind about Bannon and Breitbart.

15. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, they smeared my relative, so I do not find them credible.

No, I have a close family member that was smeared by them about a matter of public record. I have a hard time believing "news" sources when I know for a fact that they have blatantly lied.

I've made up my mind about Breitbart, but not about Bannon. My question was absolutely sincere. Did you somehow miss that I have been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt?

Since you think they cannot be separated, it seems that you are telling me that Bannon and Breitbart are of the same ilk.

I have also noticed that you won't answer my questions. That tells me even more.

Why do supporters of this administration attack and insult instead of answering sincere questions?

• Like Like x 2
  16. Calminian

Site Supporter

Smeared or called out for something they did?

I have no idea if what you're saying is true. So far this is nothing but childish gossip. Losing credibility fast unless you can offer something against either Breitbart or Bannon.

Amazed how gossipy and slanderous Christians can be. At least I used to be.

#16 Calminian, Nov 16, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  17. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Smeared.

Did you notice that I didn't bring it up until you ignored my questions and used Breitbart as a source?

Did you notice that I am willing to separate Bannon from Breitbart if there is a reason to do so?

I'm not going to discuss the other any more than I have. I was not trying to make a case against Breitbart, I was simply pointing out that I don't trust them at all.

1.) Have you noticed I have not said one thing opposing Bannon?

2.) I asked you to make a positive case for Bannon. I exclude Breitbart as a source for that case. Do you not have your own words or thoughts that you can put together to make a case for him?

You are demonstrating what you are condemning with your accusations. There's not gossip on my side. I know the specifics but I'm not going to air them again.

Let's try this again:

18. Calminian

Site Supporter

Evidence?

Bannon is Breitbart, just as Pollak is Breitbart. You smeared Pollak an orthodox jew, simply because he works for Breitbart. Bannon did also. Why would you treat him any differently?

The only guy smearing here is you, and you should ashamed. Terrible testimony. I refuse to believe unproven unsupported rumors and gossip—especially from professing Christians. You did this with Trump, now you're doing it with Breitbart. You have no credibility.

19. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey look! A straight answer.

I can guarantee I did not "smear" Pollak since I don't know who he is or even that he existed until you made the accusation. (If he was in the video link you posted earlier, I didn't even click on it.)

No sir. I have simply asked some questions with an open mind and you have attacked. I would be a fool to trust Breitbart given my experience with them. You would have me believe a lie.

You are a terrible testimony for Bannon and Trump by your attacks... unless you are simply emulating what they do. If so, I must oppose Bannon.

I have told you no rumors or gossip. I simply told you a source was not credible to me. Then I asked you to make a positive case for Bannon and you flipped out. Is there no positive case for Bannon?

Excuse me, when and where have I "done this" with Trump?

I simply said I don't consider them credible (my opinion) and gave a brief explanation why. That is not gossip or an unsupported rumor. And notice, I have not demanded that others share my opinion like you are doing.

Says the person who made a ton of accusations and can't express himself without a link to Breitbart.

20. Calminian

Site Supporter

Yes, he was in the video you discredited based on his BB affiliation. Bannon also has a BB affiliation. It appears you refuse to look at any alternative sources. Very cowardly.

You really should be ashamed of yourself. All of you anti-Trumpers are showing to have less character than Trump himself, in a twist of irony. False rape accusations. False racism accusations. False smearing accusations against Breitbart. Sad.