1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Steve Hill

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Dec 16, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Anybody here who knows him?
    Is he a word of faither?

http://www.stevehill.org/

I saw him on God TV today and he spoke about the blood of Jesus and he came across as very sincere and dedicated. He made a good impression on me. There are people like Pat Robertson which seem totally strange and not trustworthy to me because they seem so slippery but Hill isn't like this. He was really enthusiastic and authentic. :thumbsup:

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Word faither. Brownsville revival. Check him out at deceptioninthechurch.com

3. Dustin

Dustin New Member

From stevehill.org: "Coming Soon: EXPERIENCE GOD'S POWER Worldwide Alter Calls! 12 nights in a row! It's HARVEST time!"

:BangHead:

::sigh::

Sounds like standard TBN drivel. xd, might i suggest a few people on sermonaudio.com? Paul Washer, Alan Cairns, Gene Cook Jr., to name a few. Tons more biblical and each have been a definate blessing in my own walk. Also I read "The Soveriegnty of God" by A.W. Pink. That's a theological monstrosity! That rattled my brain for weeks. All these guys are calvinists, Pink being probably the deepest theologically. It's a trip to the other end of the spectrum, if you haven't been exposed to it. Totally Christ centered and a million times more edifying than any TBN style evanjellyfish mush. If anything , listen to Paul Washer, he's a missionary, he'll blow you away. Praise God for raising men like him, and may He raise so many more!

May God bless your studies!

Grace and Peace be with you always,
    Dustin

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I'll have to remember that one!:laugh:

5. Dustin

Dustin New Member

Seriously, I think there are three decent shows on TBN, Way of the Master and Cross TV did a show on there called Word Pictures(it was actually Reformed theology), and Drive thru (?) History, I found those 3 pretty informative and entertaining. The rest is a dog's breakfast.

6. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Hey, don't insult my dog!:tongue3: I've never seen the Cross tv show. But usually I flip through so fast I might have missed it.

XD, please be careful listening to these people. Do some research first. There are a lot of false doctrines out there. Be a good Berean!:saint:

7. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

@ Dustin

Alan Cairns is a great preacher, I like him.
    I don't like Paul Washer so much. I think his messages are too extreme and I also don't like the way he promotes them kinda like "A message so shocking that the preacher was not invited back". Does this necessarily mean that it's good? I don't know. What didn't surprise me at all is that the guy of Wayofthemaster radio directly invite Paul Washer to his show. I also don't like Wotm radio very much because they are also all about scaring people. This whole false convert stuff. It's always about scaring people and making them feel as if they're false converts, I don't like this.
    I also like Marc Monte & Evangelist Greg Locke. It's really not easy to find good preachers because there are also some which aren't good. When I am looking for sermons and don't know which one to choose then I also go by the pictures of the preachers. A preacher who doesn't look sympathetic is most likely also not sympathetic. I'm looking for friendly preachers. :)

@ Amy

But even if he belongs to the brownsville revival then I still have to say that his show which I saw yesterday, it was called the J-factor, and he spoke about the blood of Christ was pretty good. He seemed really sincere to me. I don't think that it was all faked. He was really moved while he was preaching and he also cried when he spoke about what Jesus went through.

#7 xdisciplex, Dec 17, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2006
  8. Dustin

Dustin New Member

xd, I know what you mean about way of the master radio. I used to listen everyday on the internet, but now I don't. They have a few methods that I don't think are biblical. On the other hand, it's a lot better than some other stuff. Usually, Todd Friel has some edifying things to say. One more gripe: it's sounds like the same 6 people call in every day. Don't know if it's the phones or what. They all just sound the same. Oh well.

9. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

lol. this would be really stupid if the same people call all the time.

I also don't think that it's as easy as Wotm makes it look. I know that Ray Comfort has his special methods which he thinks are able to convert everybody but I think this doesn't work. For example this whole "ever told a lie?" stuff will not work with unbelievers. They will laugh about this. This is like a buddhist coming to me trying to tell me that I am going to hell because I don't believe in Buddha. Would this scare me? No. I would laugh about it.
    What I also don't like about Comfort is that he seems to think that christians have to try to evangelize everyone. The stranger on the bus, the neighbors, the stranger on the airplane. I think that obsessive evangelism simply out of feeling guilty isn't helpful. I think that if God prompts you to talk to someone then you should do it but you shouldn't do it out of activism. Comfort once said that he sat next to a woman in the plane and didn't really want to talk to her but then he thought if she dies today she'll go to hell and he didn't warn her. This can quickly make you become totally paranoid and you become a slave to your own guilt. You cannot evangelize everybody and it also doesn't help when you beg people to become saved. This is simply how it is most people are not interested and we cannot force them this is why I don't think that trying to evangelize everybody is productive. This will only end in annoying debates about God, the bible, evolution, science and so on.

10. atestring

atestring New Member

Steve hill is a wonderful man and a wonderful Preacher. His preaching has won thousands of Souls to Jesus.
    When i meet a person that wants to criticize him, I will ask them how many souls thaey have won to Jesus. If they have won as many souls to Jesus as Steve Hill has I will listen to them and not unless they have.

11. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Paul Washer is the real thing. The sermon to a youth rally that killed his chances of being invited back is available on line.

This is a man who has laid it all on the altar. You'll get no pablum from him.

12. Dustin

Dustin New Member

The Holy Spirit converts souls to Jesus. The power of the Gospel comes from God not from those who proclaim it. The Gospel is power, but it's not OUR power. If a soul is converted to Christ, then give the glory to God, where it should be always. I've never won a soul, I don't know about anyone else, so I guess you can ignore me.

13. atestring

atestring New Member

Does God work in lifes without His people working?
    How can they call upon Him who they have not heard?
    How shall they hear without a Preacher?
    How shall He preach unless He be sent?

14. Dustin

Dustin New Member

Who sends the preachers? No matter where you go with it, it all leads back to God. We could preach 24 hours a day, and it will all come to nothing unless the Lord convicts and converts the sinner. I've heard some great preachers in my life, but what truly made them great was the Holy Spirit speaking through them, proclaiming God's Word. The great Methodist minister, George Whitefield, calvinist-at-large, once said,"Let the name of Whitefield perish, but Christ be glorified." and "Let my name die everywhere, let even my friends forget me, if by that means the cause of the blessed Jesus may be promoted." George Whitefield knew that it wasn't his preaching that "won souls" to Christ, but Christ Himself seeking and saving that which is lost. We should all be careful to not put preachers on a pedestal because preachers are really just sinful men raised up by God to proclaim His Word. To place any man higher than that woud be equivient to the Roman Catholic veneration of Mary and the Apostles, which is idolatry.

Soli Deo gloria,
    Dustin

#14 Dustin, Dec 18, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2006
  15. atestring

atestring New Member

Please don't get upset abo the idea of a preacher being used of God. Some of these preachers read ICorinthians 1:21.

16. Dustin

Dustin New Member

Read the second to last sentence of my post. I don't get upset by God using preachers, I'm saying that if God didn't use them, they wouldn't be preaching.

Grace and Peace be with you,
    Dustin

17. atestring

atestring New Member

Nobody disputes that it is of God but God choose to use Preachers. Steve Hill is one of them and a very good one.

18. Dustin

Dustin New Member

Then we can agree on the former and disagree on the latter.

19. atestring

atestring New Member

Dustin how are you doing on fulfilling the Great Commission?
    Steve hill seems to be full of Obedience to God's Command.