1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Steven Furtick's Coloring Book for Adults

Discussion in 'Jokes & Humor (Clean)' started by InTheLight, Apr 23, 2016.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    CHARLOTTE, NC – In keeping with its tradition of mimicking the culture in the most shallow, immaturity-perpetuating ways, Steven Furtick’s Elevation megachurch is hoping to capitalize on the adult coloring book craze sweeping the culture by releasing a version of it’s cult classic children’s coloring book for adult members of the Steven Furtick Elevation family.

“I’ve been waiting for this for years,” said 23-year-old, longtime Furtick Elevation member Olivia DeYoung between sobs with tears of joy running down her face. “The opportunity to actually color in pictures of Pastor Steven like a child is something I’ve been praying for since the day after I first heard him preach on…whatever it was he preached on.”

http://theendtimes.news/2016/04/23/...t-of-steven-furtick-coloring-book-for-adults/

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

LOL - Love that satire!

Actually, I've seen some really nice Christian coloring books with scripture verses or Christian themes. I'm not into coloring - I'm not artistic but I know someone like my daughter loves them (VERY artistic).

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I had no idea...

-------------------
    Coloring books are one of the big reasons print had such a strong showing last year in the US. Bookstores and craft stores alike are bursting at the seams with coloring books geared toward the 20 and up, and there are YouTube channels that let people watch other people color and critique coloring books. Coloring is so big, it’s spun off its own bizarre subcultures, like coloring book parties, coloring books that are just swear words, and adult coloring apps.

coloring book sales.JPG

http://qz.com/650378/the-sad-reason-american-adults-are-so-obsessed-with-coloring-books/

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yep! It seems as our lives get more crazed, we want some comfort and coloring is that for many people. There are some gorgeous examples out there too!