1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stick a Fork in the Dallas Cowboys - They're Done

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by KenH, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Somehow Dallas seems to have their roster getting more filled with players whose 'peak' is in the early years and they're less effective when they should be better (aged about 25-33)... Romo, Flozell Adams, Marion Barber, Marcus Spears, and maybe now DeMarcus Ware and Jason Witten. Roy Willliams (S) and Greg Ellis were gotten rid of for this same apparent reason. If it's not coaching, there must have been more problems with team leadership and "chemistry" than were imposed by Terrell Owens.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Cowboys had to come behind to defeat the Kansas City Chiefs - the Chiefs.

As I said - the Cowboys are done.

But at least they may have found a good receiver in Austin Miles. And I don't understand why the OC, Jason Garrett, did not use Tashard Choice more at running back in this game.

#22 KenH, Oct 11, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The term "moral victory" has gone out of favor in recent years. You either win or you lose; and even if you see a shining light in that loss, it wasn't enough to change the outcome, so why think it will be enough in the immediate future?

But for Dallas, this win was like a moral defeat. They managed to win in spite of their penalties, miscommunications, turnovers, and inability to hold a lead late in the game. If moral victory has no relevance, should moral defeat have such? I don't know, but fans seem to be piling on it.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wade Phillips and Jason Garrett need to be replaced. Period. Football is about coaching - just look at the Broncos and the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets.

5. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Broncos? Did someone say Broncos? Ken! It was YOU! Somebody call a doctor! Ken said something positive about the Broncos. Better yet, call Scully.. Ken has been alien abducted and replaced. Not to derail your thread but did you see the Broncos beat the Patriots? madre was screaming so loud the neighbors thought we was having a domestic incident.

Now back to your Cowboys. Wade Phillips is doing for Dallas what he did for the Bills. I don't see how the boy keeps getting coaching jobs. :type:

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

When Jones has enough and Cable is canned in Oakland, look for Al (Where are my Depends) Davis to hire Wade. Or maybe Art Shell for the 45th time.

7. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When Jones fired Laundry and Tex Scramm, the original owner.
    The class of the Cowboys went with them!:BangHead:

8. padredurand

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From my first post in this thread....

We can learn a lot from that old Jim Croce song...

You don't tug on Superman's cape
    You don't spit into the wind
    You don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger
    And you don't fire Tom Landry
    :laugh:

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The original owners were Clint Murchison, Jr., and Bedford Wynne. Tex Schramm was the president and general manager.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did and enjoyed it thoroughly. I really like the Broncos' new head coach.

11. padredurand

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He's got good DNA, so to speak.....

"Josh McDaniels was named the 12th head coach in Denver Broncos history on Jan. 12, 2009. The 33-year-old joined the Broncos after spending the previous eight seasons (2001-08) with the New England Patriots, including the last three years (2006-08) as the club's offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach." ~Broncos website

Phillips may be Bum's son but must have gotten his football prowess from his mother's side.

12. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

This was stated sometime back, but I disagree. Did you watch their last game?

13. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

BTW, I have started to actively root for Cedric Benson to tear his ACL in half. Dude plays like you know what for 3 years with the Bears, gets arrested for DUI, twice, then whines that they treated him so badly. Listen up, clown. Maybe if you had played better and hadn't gotten arrested for DUI twice, the Bears wouldn't have shown you the door.

The Bears can't stop Cedric Benson? Really?? I will now light myself on fire.

I haven't looked at a Chicago sports website or listened to Chicago sports radio today, but if the Titans fans wanted Jeff Fisher to be fired after being annihilated 59-0, I would imagine that a far more intense fan base is likely calling for the head of Lovie Smith today.

Frankly, they should. I'm not sure that Lovie Smith is a good coach. If the Broncos can take an average QB in Kyle Orton and turn him into one of the best QB's in the league, what does that say about the Bears coaching staff? Not much. I was complaining yesterday afternoon about the local Fox channel showing the Falcons/Cowboys game instead of the Bungles/Bears game. Now, I'm glad I didn't have to watch it. Remember when the security guard in Star Wars looked at Chewbacca and asked, "What is this... thing?" That's how I feel asking about Chicago Bears Football.

14. TomVols

TomVols New Member

No offense friend, but the Bears' defense isn't able to stop anyone. It's getting worse as years go on it seems. (Faintly remember a stat showing regression over the years). Matt Forte is on a milk carton. Oh, we see him, just not doing what he was supposed to do. 4th QB in as many years? I mean, you have to jettison Rexie, but sooner or later you have to stick with someone. And Devin Hester can't be your leading receiver. It's all on the running game with a receiving corps that in '08 was in the bottom qtr of the league. But as much as I like former Vol asst Lovie, you can't get around criticsm when you're the HC and DC. Then again, when Rod Marinelli is your AHC, maybe there is room to share blame. Or not, for hiring him in the first place.

I can understand the jealousy....er, criticism of Benson's earlier mistakes. For once, a Bengal has prior baggage.

This just in...Carson Palmer remembered who he was.

This also just in....Ochocinco shut up and played.

All those who thought I was crazy saying the Bengals would contend in the AFC North may now acknowledge my greatness. :laugh:

15. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Tom, you know me better than that. I'm not offended by the truth. In this case, I'm sobbing into my Mike Singletary and Brian Urlacher jerseys (metaphorically... I don't spend my money on jerseys and such) as I remember Bears defenses of the past that stuffed everybody.

Maybe I should be, but I'm not that worried about Forte. I'm also not worried about the QB position, as I see long-term stability there for the first since Jim Harbaugh.

This is part of the problem. The Bears need real receivers. When the defense can't stop anybody and the QB can throw to anybody, but the receivers can't get open, you've got a recipe for a really long season of bad. I really thought the receivers would be Ok, but much of what I hoped would happen this year was predicated on a defense being, at the very least, respectable.

Nothing wrong with hiring Marinelli because he wasn't hired as a head coach. Marinelli was clearly overmatched as a head coach, but he's a good assistant.

Benson's a clown and I hope his knee falls off. It's ridiculous for him to be horrible for the Bears and then be all offended when the Bears get rid of him after a 2nd DUI.

That'll be the day. :laugh:

As long as I get acknowledgement of my brilliant Broncos pick, we're good. :wavey:

16. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Isaw part of theCowboys lst gamea ndthey were rocking
    Faithgirl

17. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I think the boys are up at the top of the east. I don't think they are done yet. Fans can be bad when their team isn't doing as well as they think they should be doing.

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As a Cowboys fan for as long as I can remember(having been born in 1955) I have seen this movie before - in 2007. I hope the Cowboys can take this on the road and defeat the Eagles and the Packers. Then I want to see them win more games than they lose in December for a change. Those actions will convince me that they are for real this season.

19. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ok, boys, I have arrived.....:thumbs:

Phillips is a LOUSY coach. We got rid of him in Denver, and Dallas needs to get rid of him too. No amount of DNA could ever help him.

McDaniels, despite the loss to Ravens, is going to be one of the greats in the coaching world. Mark my words.

Debbie (Orange crush fan from way back)
    :smilewinkgrin: