1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stimulating Nonsense

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

"The politicians are always going to inject some amount of money into the hands of consumers and into the economy, like a doctor giving a lifesaving blood transfusion," Roberts says. "But where does the economic injection come from? It has to come from inside the system. It's not an outside stimulus like the chest paddles or the transfusion. It means taking money from someone or somewhere inside the system and giving it to someone else."
    The federal government is in the red. Bush's new budget has a $400 billion deficit. There's no lockbox with $100 billion in it. So to give everyone a tax rebate, the government will have to borrow more money. But that only moves the cash from one part of the economy to another. As Roberts says, "It's like taking a bucket of water from the deep end of a pool and dumping it into the shallow end."

An excellent article on this phoney stimulus package by John Stossell. What began as a tax rebate is just another pork-filled spending bill. They take our money, then give it back to stimulate the economy. In all of history there has never been a polititian who has had to worry about where his next meal was coming from.
    http://townhall.com/Columnists/JohnStossel/2008/02/13/stimulating_nonsense

2. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

Are you trying to imply that politicans are not really looking out for my best interest? Say it aint so!

3. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

"The Republican and Democratic presidential contenders back "stimulus" too. (Ron Paul is the exception.)"

At least this writer understands that Ron Paul doesn't "buy into" normal politics and yet he was and has been completely written off by most people.

It's sad to see the options we have for President in this election. Everyone will be fussing over who they have to pick(or the lack of who they have to pick) and yet when someone like Ron Paul comes up and runs, everyone just pushes him aside.

Is all his ideas right? No. Would have have made mistakes? Yes. Would he have been good for this country? Without a doubt.

Now, we get stuck with status quo for another 4-8 years and then we will be looking for someone to help this country...

Good luck finding someone! :rolleyes:

BTW, I don't beliebe in this stimlus package and agree with the article. It's a waste of money to buy votes. Nothing more.. nothing less..

Jamie

4. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

I agree it may not help much over all, but if you are in the lower income bracket, the money sure is needed.

5. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I won't dispute that, but this isn't aimed at just lower income people. I am not sure what the plan should or would be, but I believe there has to be a better plan than just giving everyone a check from a budjet that is already overspent. It just doesn't add up.

Will the $600 be nice? Yes. Is it the answer? No.

Jamie