1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

STOP THE ACLU

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by freedom's cause, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

No disrespect intended towards you, but never take what the 700 club says with anything more than a grain of salt.

They were on the air several years ago saying that it was illegal for public school students in California to say "under God" in the pledge, and even raising money to "fight" this legislation. That was completely untrue, though I'm sure they got lots of money from it. The fact was that a judge made such a ruling in a case involving an atheist parent of a student, but stayed that ruling pending a higher court review. The higher court tossed out the ruling. It was heard again a second time, and summarily ruled against as well. Public school students in California were never at any time barred or prevented from reciting the pledge.

BTW, the Coral Ridge Hour (D Jamess Kennedy) did the same thing with the pledge case.

2. freedom's cause

freedom's cause New Member

DADADADADADADADa faith girl I hear bat wings coming around the corner love is sometimes funny
    we should all laugh out loud right now please say a prayer for me I am almost ready to sign up for the ACLU monthly this is not an attack on faith girl or anyone else merely an observation
    Love is in the air

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Freedom's cause, it's clear that you are guilty posting falsehoods about other people, since you has refused to answer my questions:

1 - You attacked me for correcting a falsehood. Do you beleive it's okay for a Christian to promote a falsehood, even if that falsehood is about an enemy? Or do you believe that we are to refrain from falsehoods regardless of the object of that falsehood?

2 - You said I was believing a lie. What lie is it that you say I believe in? And where is the post of mine where I said I believed this?

Since you can't answer the questions, then it's clear that you claims made about me are personal attacks, and you are guilty of posting personal attacks and refusing to retract them.

4. freedom's cause

love is in the air please get back to the facts
    before the attacks

5. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

FC you are again not making any lucid comments. How about answering Johnv. Oh, I forgot! You think we are the same person.

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

FC, if you love, then you will answer my questions.

7. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

No disrespect intended towards you, but never take what the 700 club says with anything more than a grain of salt.

They were on the air several years ago saying that it was illegal for public school students in California to say "under God" in the pledge, and even raising money to "fight" this legislation. That was completely untrue, though I'm sure they got lots of money from it. The fact was that a judge made such a ruling in a case involving an atheist parent of a student, but stayed that ruling pending a higher court review. The higher court tossed out the ruling. It was heard again a second time, and summarily ruled against as well. Public school students in California were never at any time barred or prevented from reciting the pledge.

BTW, the Coral Ridge Hour (D Jamess Kennedy) did the same thing with the pledge case.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Yeah we have to learn the hard way. I refuse to give money to them if that is any consilation. I do not have the link at Yahoo, but I heard, I repeat, heard that Pat R. of the 700 Club said that the President of a Venezuala should be killed. He said this a few weeks ago Or should I say allgedly said this.

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Yes, he sad this, then denied saying it, then apologized for saying it. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing personally against Pat Robertson. He just has a habit of going off the deep end from time to time, like when he and Jerry Falwell blamed 9-11 on lesbians.

9. faithgirl46

Site Supporter

Yes, I remember that.

10. faithgirl46

Site Supporter

I do not have any links. </font>[/QUOTE]Then I suggest you retract your unfounded assertions. Supposing something and spreading it is gossip, not factual. </font>[/QUOTE]I do not kow how to do URLS and the like. I am not trying to soread gossip.

11. Daisy

Daisy New Member

faithgirl,

Urls are very easy to do one of three ways.

The easiest is just to copy the full address:

http://www.baptistboard.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/18/3520/5.html

The second easiest way is to first click on the "Full Reply Form" button
    just below the "Quick Reply" textbox, next to the "Add Reply" and "Preview Post" buttons.
    Then click on the "URL" button in the Instant UBB Code set and follow the directions of the prompt.

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">The last way is to type in the code brackets:

Name of Link

That's open bracket, code, equals, address, close bracket,
    Words to click on, open bracket, slash, code, close bracket:

&quot;[&quot; + &quot;url=&quot; + http://etc + &quot;]&quot; + descriptive words + &quot;[&quot; + &quot;/url&quot; + &quot;]&quot;
    </pre>[/QUOTE]Which gives this:
    <a href="http://www.baptistboard.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/18/3520/5.html" target="_blank">
    Name of Link </a> &lt;- click on that
    [​IMG]

12. faithgirl46

Site Supporter

I know how to do www.yahoo.com/topic. But I wasn't familiar with the other way. Thank you for your help.
    Faithgirl46

13. Grimlock Prime

Grimlock Prime New Member

I like: Athiests, Christophobes & Liberals United.

14. Grimlock Prime

Grimlock Prime New Member

well put. The argument presented in favor of the ACLU is the myth of siding with civil rights. If I have to choose siding with the enemies of my Lord and having my "civil rights", it is really not much of a choice.

15. Magnetic Poles

I like: Athiests, Christophobes & Liberals United. </font>[/QUOTE]Playing silly little games like this, attaching new words to an acronym, adds nothing to the dialog.

16. JamesJ

JamesJ New Member

Actually, that's not what he said. This is something he was quoting from what a communist would view as being a "perfect" society. In fact, he went on to say that "So long as we have enough people in this country willing to fight for their rights, we'll be called a democracy". This is a clear example of how esay it is to take words out of the intended contexts to twist them into an independent agenda.

I'm no fan of the ACLU, but as Christians, we should always strive to be accurate in ur facts. Poor facts make for poor Christian witness.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Yes, I left that out because we ARE NOT A DEMOCRACY, WE ARE A REPUBLIC... so that comment in no way changes what Roger Baldwin wanted. He wanted to change America to be something that it is not. Communism was his goal. Telling the truth is a very good witness, thank you.

17. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I vote against the ACLU!

18. Magnetic Poles

Actually, that's not what he said. This is something he was quoting from what a communist would view as being a "perfect" society. In fact, he went on to say that "So long as we have enough people in this country willing to fight for their rights, we'll be called a democracy". This is a clear example of how esay it is to take words out of the intended contexts to twist them into an independent agenda.

I'm no fan of the ACLU, but as Christians, we should always strive to be accurate in ur facts. Poor facts make for poor Christian witness.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Yes, I left that out because we ARE NOT A DEMOCRACY, WE ARE A REPUBLIC... so that comment in no way changes what Roger Baldwin wanted. He wanted to change America to be something that it is not. Communism was his goal. Telling the truth is a very good witness, thank you.
    </font>[/QUOTE]It does make a difference, attributing words in a quote to a person who is quoting another. This is the same fallacy as those who attribute to Jesus the statement of "Bring my enemies before me and slay them". Jesus said it in the context of a quote. Dishonesty weakens your argument.

19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have an example of that? </font>[/QUOTE]From the New York Times:

By KATE ZERNIKE

Published: July 23, 2005

In early June, Judge Alvin K. Hellerstein of Federal District Court in Manhattan ordered the release of the additional photographs, part of a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit filed by the American Civil Liberties Union to determine the extent of abuse at American military prisons in Iraq and Afghanistan and at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba.

No client. No citizen whose rights were violated.
    Just fishing.

20. freedom's cause

Jesus never spoke of communism, ACLU but He will lead a Theocracy and is soon to come Hallelujah