1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranded

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by psalms109:31, May 21, 2010.

1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Luke 9:
    The Cost of Following Jesus
    57As they were walking along the road, a man said to him, "I will follow you wherever you go."
    58Jesus replied, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head."

59He said to another man, "Follow me."
    But the man replied, "Lord, first let me go and bury my father."

60Jesus said to him, "Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God."

61 Still another said, "I will follow you, Lord; but first let me go back and say good-by to my family."

62Jesus replied, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God."

Matthew 9:
    The Workers Are Few
    35Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. 36When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. 37Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. 38Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field."

Can someone be left stranded that can be saved, but couldn't because they never heard the Gospel of thier Salvation? Isn't better to believe that no matter what they will be saved than to believe some will be just left stranded?