1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Strasburg

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by ccrobinson, Jun 9, 2010.

1. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

14 K's and 0 BB's. Incredible game no matter who pitched. But, when it's his first game, it's even more amazing. Before we go too overboard about Strasburg, let's compare his start with that of another young phenom.

Pitcher A
    1st Major League Appearance/Start
    Home vs Pittsburgh
    6 innings pitched
    4 hits
    2 earned runs
    1 home run surrendered
    2 walks
    103 pitches
    65 strikes
    Win

Pitcher B
    1st Major League Appearance/Start
    Home vs Pittsburgh
    7 innings pitched
    4 hits
    2 earned runs
    1 home run surrendered
    0 walks
    94 pitches
    65 strikes
    Win

Now, which start is Stephen Strasburg's first start and which start is Mark Prior's first start?

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If Strassburg's career as Prior's is currently, the Nationals will have a great future... as long as they don't pull a Cubs thing and let him go.

But he was amazing last night. I enjoyed watching him throw lots of 1st pitch strikes.

Someone on Mike and Mike this morning on ESPN said that they bet the Yankees are feeling pretty good about their next free agent. :thumbs:

3. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Man, what a great game. Reminded me a little bit of the Kerry Wood game against Houston in 1998. Not completely the same, but Strasburg was throwing almost as well.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

When does he have his major league debut? He's pitched against the Pirates and tonight he's scheduled against the Indians :)

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

And woohoo, my son has bought tickets for the White Sox-Nationals game on Father's Day afternoon. Would it be blasphemous if that morning in worship I prayed for Strasburg to be the pitcher we would see? But not too long ... got to split for the restoom, change clothes, and run across the street to the Metro stop to make it in time!