1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Strategic move by Ted Cruz

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by steaver, Sep 23, 2016.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wrong. The GOPers that are caving in and endorsing Trump are people that are going to run for office at some time in the future and are playing politics as usual, and seeking political cover. For example all Bushes except for George P. Bush, Texas Land Office Commissioner, are NeverTrump. Only a couple Republicans that are going to run again and are Never Trump that come to mind are senators Ben Sasse and Mark Kirk. Not sure if Susan Collins is running again but she's barely a Republican.

The only epiphany these converts (like Cruz) are having is the possibility that Trump could win and they'd be outcasts.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

• Like Like x 1
  2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please prove this is their motivation. Cruz as did the other candidates promised to support whomever the nominee was. They owed him based on their own promises not politics.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    support and endorse are two different things. No one can answer how what he did at the convention was not support, considering he told people to not stay home but vote, to vote up and down ballot for people to uphold the Constitution, and to vote their conscience and than later he made it clear he did not want to be a write-in in candidate. Please tell me how that is not support for the GOP candidate. Of course to answer that question ...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whatever........... the expectation was their endorsement. Everyone knows that.

#24 Revmitchell, Sep 24, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have not found anywhere Cruz saying he would endorse only that he would support. Again 2 different things, but moot now that Cruz has folded under pressure and kiss the ring. As it was never about a person but principle for me I am still firmly #NEVERTRUMP even if the Senator from Texas votes for Trump.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

6. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sunday on CBS’s ‘Face the Nation,” Republican National Committee chairman Reince Priebus said of the 2016 GOP presidential primary candidates who are not supporting Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, “If they’re thinking they’re going to run again some day, you know I think that we’re going to evaluate the process of the nomination process and I don’t think it’s going to be that easy for them.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016...tes-who-broke-their-promise-to-support-trump/

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok, that is your so called proof of their motivation? You need to directly tie their personal motivation with that statement. Do you have any quotes from them that says this is their motivation?

8. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nobody held a gun to Cruz's head and forced him to pledge his support to the party's nominee.

It is better not to make a vow than to make one and not fulfill it. Ecclesiastes 5:5

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ted Cruz's ringing endorsement of Donald Trump.

“Our country is in crisis. Hillary Clinton is manifestly unfit to be president, and her policies would harm millions of Americans. And Donald Trump is the only thing standing in her way,”

“A year ago, I pledged to endorse the Republican nominee, and I am honoring that commitment. And if you don’t want to see a Hillary Clinton presidency, I encourage you to vote for him.”

"In Cleveland, I urged voters, 'please, don’t stay home in November. Stand, and speak, and vote your conscience, vote for candidates up and down the ticket whom you trust to defend our freedom and to be faithful to the Constitution,’ ” Cruz said.

"After many months of careful consideration, of prayer and searching my own conscience, I have decided that on Election Day, I will vote for the Republican nominee, Donald Trump.”

10. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hopefully your husband never tells you to follow him off a cliff as well...

11. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. My husband would never do that
    2. I'm not that stupid

I knew my husband was a 3rd party voter before I married him, and we had many discussions about it, but in the end, my desire to not disenfranchise our household by voting against my husband, along with the fact that he is the head of this household and I am to submit to that authority, gave me the conviction that I would always vote the same way as my husband. Trump just managed to turn his 3rd party voting convictions to my conviction as well, so well done Trump on getting my husband and I on the same page as far as 3rd party voting goes. But see even if I did want to vote for Trump, which I don't, I believe that the Bible and its commands trump politics, which I realize annoys some people.

12. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's going to upset a lot of people who see societal salvation through politicians as being a priority over Biblical evangelism. "I alone can fix it" --Donald Trump

• Like Like x 1
  13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

What I find upsetting is seeing people virtue signaling to each other by thumping the Bible and wagging their fingers in other's faces attempting to shame them for doing what they feel is best for future generations rather than themselves.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    False dilemma.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yep and the really weird part about it is the person who put it forward seems to be spending most of his time here virtue signaling and wagging his finger in other's faces about their political preferences instead of being out there evangelizing.

Weird. I know it's 2016 but it seems like 1984.

• Like Like x 1
  16. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder how many posts you've made to the Politics board since your banishment from Baptist Board was lifted? I'm not on my PC so I can't do an advanced search but I'll guess 50 or so in about a week.

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Search away you won't find any posts of mine where I'm thumping on my Bible and virtue signaling to shame others. Or to make myself look/feel morally superior to the next guy. :Smile

You might find a few posts here and there where I'm using the regressive left's tactics against regressive leftists but hey a little taste of their own medicine once in awhile might actually do them some good. ;)

#37 poncho, Sep 24, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  18. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

19. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah. Right.

20. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whatever... everybody knows that. Isn't that what you said to Blessedwife? You ask proof from ITL for what is blatantly obvious to the country and then provide a blow off response to Blesseswife.

• Like Like x 1