1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Streetpreaching & doorknocking, part 2

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Johnv, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Servent

Servent Member

Sorry but I disagree, what it takes is a willing heart.Sometimes not even that. God used Jonah even though Jonah didnt want to be used, before or after the great fish.

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Sorry but I disagree, what it takes is a willing heart.Sometimes not even that. God used Jonah even though Jonah didnt want to be used, before or after the great fish. </font>[/QUOTE]Proverbs 11:30, "The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, And he who is wise wins souls.

3. Archeryaddict

Archeryaddict New Member

with All ministrys one should be called and compelled by God to do it according to His will and should be led by the Holy Spirit, even door nocking and street preaching.

4. Servent

Servent Member

Sorry but I disagree, what it takes is a willing heart.Sometimes not even that. God used Jonah even though Jonah didnt want to be used, before or after the great fish. </font>[/QUOTE]Proverbs 11:30, "The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, And he who is wise wins souls. </font>[/QUOTE]So what makes a man wise, I would say if a man belives that Christ died for his sins and accepts Him as saviour and believes he should be a witness for Christ is a wise man.

5. Bro. Lewis

Bro. Lewis New Member

MATTHEW 28:19-20
    GO: THIS MEANS YOU GO
    YE: THIS MEANS YOU
    TEACH ALL NATIONS: THIS MEANS THE WHOLE WORLD,YOU'LL NEVER GET TO THE WHOLE WORLD SO START WHERE YOU ARE.
    BAPTIZING THEM: THIS MEANS GET YOUR CONVERTS BAPTIZED
    TEACHING THEM TO OBSERVE: THIS MEANS NOW TEACH THEM TO DO IT
    LO, I AM WITH YOU:THIS MEANS NO `GO` NO `LO`
    IF YOU DON'T WANT TO WITNESS FOR JESUS THAN DON'T EXPECT HIS PRESENCE.

THE BIBLE SPEAKS OF GIFTS AND CALLINGS(G&C) BUT NEVER RESTRICTS ONE WITHOUT (G&C) FROM WITNESSING FOR HIM. WE ARE ALL COMMANDED TO SPREAD THE GOSPEL. YOU DON'T HAVE TO PREACH ON A STREET CORNER OR KNOCK ON DOORS TO DO THIS THOUGH THEY ARE BOTH EFFECTIVE. YOU CAN PASS OUT TRACTS, WITNESS TO COWORKERS, RELATIVES, NEIGHBORS, FRIENDS,ETC. IF YOU ARE TO SHY TO WITNESS YOU SHOULD TRYU TO OVERCOME THAT BUT IN THE MEAN TIME YOU MIGHT WANT TO HAVE A MORE CONFIDENT SOUL-WINNER APPROACH THE PEOPLE ABOUT WHO'S SOULS YOU ARE CONCERNED. ASK YOUR PASTOR OR DEACON OR SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER TO WITNESS TO THEM FOR YOU BUT ONE WAY OR ANOTHER YOU NEED TO BE INVOLVED IN GETTING FOLKS SAVED. ASK SOMEONE WHO GOES SOUL-WINNING TO TAKE THEM WITH YOU AND YOU JUST BE A SILENT PARTNER WHILE YOU LEARN FROM THEM. EVERY ONE SHOULD BE A SOUL- WINNER.