1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Striking Down ObamaCare on 2012 Election

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by saturneptune, Mar 28, 2012.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

2. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Seems to me a humble foreigner.....the people best served by the status quo are the medical insurance business, the medical business, the legal business.......but not the poor folks who cannot get job affiliated insurance, those folk with chronic ailments,or the unemployed etc.

Just because there is a LAW does not make it just.

Mr Obama may have the poor and downtrodden at heart but even if the changes were to occur you can bet your last shekel the good ideal would be quickly distorted and perverted.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I very much agree with you. In this country, both parties argue all the time. They argue over who is going to win elections and gain power. The debate is never over serving the American people.

4. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    My wife has been experiencing some swelling in her hands and face so she called our local doctor shop and they could not get her in any earlier than May 15th. Now how in the world is anyone going to get to see the doctor when they put the whole country on the waiting list????

5. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

That is appalling STEAVER.

I have a friend who goes to the ELCHEAPO medical practice for the economically constrained (Good PC speak eh:laugh:)
    to be informed after one episode of a tummy upset that she has Diverticulosis. There has been no follow through, no dietary advice. She has 2 advice sheets, one from the USA and the other from Australia which in places give conflicting advice, from different magazines. This is where she needs medical/nursing advice.

So 2nd class medical advice for presumably 2nd class citizens. I personally would not take my dead dog to the drongo who claims to be a doctor of medicine. My friend won't make a complaint because she is fearful of difficulties shoud she need medical attention in the future (probably with good reason).:tear:

6. targus

targus New Member

Obamacare doesn't provide for healthcare...

It just requires people to buy health insurance.

The poor that can't afford to buy health insurance now won't be able to buy it under Obamacare either.

The difference is that under Obamacare they will pay a fine for not buying health insurance - making them yet more poor.