1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Strong delusion.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The Scribe, Jan 22, 2008.

1. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Reminds me of an old joke.

A Catholic, a Presbyterian, and Methodist all die. The three find themselves standing outside of the gates of Heaven waiting in line to speak to Saint Peter.

The Catholic walks up and Peter tells him, "You have been a good man, enter into heaven and walk down to door number four. However, be very quiet when you pass door number 1."

Peter then calls the Presbyterian up telling him the same thing, "You have been a good man, enter into heaven and walk down to door number three. However, be very quiet as you're passing door number 1."

Finally, the Methodist walks up and hears the same message from Peter that he told the Catholic and Presbyterian. "You have been a good man, enter into heaven and walk down to door number two. However be very quiet as you pass door number 1." The Methodist is curious and asks Peter, "why do I need to be quiet as I walk by door number 1?" Peter replies, "Oh that's where the Baptists are and they think they're the only ones here."

:D

2. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

That is it in a nutshell!

Even an Episcopalian or two slip might make it! :laugh:

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Why do you accuse them of that? What doctrine(s) specifically do you consider to make them "heterodox" as compared to the first century Christian church?