1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Struggling for your people's continued faith

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by whatever, Jun 24, 2005.

1. whatever

whatever New Member

Someone at church quoted this passage the other day while speaking of encouragement, and I noticed that Paul says that it is an intenional struggle on his part to make sure that those to whom he ministers grow in their understanding, and in their assurance of the truth as well. The first part is obvious, that the minister should teach the truth, but how should a minister go about building his people's assurance?

It seems to me that this is not as much of a concern for many ministers as it should be, and that many ministers are content to just throw the truth out there and then leave the rest up to the Holy Spirit. This doesn't exactly sound like a struggle for their people's faith, which is how Paul described his own ministry. Hopefully I am wrong, but I just don't hear much discussion of how a minister is supposed to carry out this aspect of ministry which to Paul seemed so vital. So what do you think?