1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Student: Seniors united to acknowledge God at graduation

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gb93433, May 25, 2006.

1. here now

here now Member

Marcia said:
    Christians have it so easy in the country. I wonder if all these students would have prayed the way they did if they were in a country where they were told they could be killed for praying in public?

I say:
    With your way of thinking this country just may come to be one of those countries.
    Thank God for the USA! They had a right to pray and they did....End Of Story!

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

You ignored the point I made showing that the story of Daniel is not parallel with this situation.

3. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Personally, I think the option of having baccalaureate services in which each group's religious beliefs are respected and enhanced is the best idea. In a town in which the graduating class is say 60% Christian, 30% Jewish and 10% Moslem each group could hold their own service. Students would not be required to attend. The graduation exercise itself would be secular. The high school I graduated from (in Louisville) did not have a baccalaureate service but Danville High did which I attended. I thought it was a very good tradition.