1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Study: ‘Substantial’ Amount Of Arctic Warming Due To Natural Forces

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, May 8, 2014.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scientists are now saying that natural climate forces account for a “substantial” amount of the region’s warming in the past three decades.

A new study found that natural forces could account for as much as half of Arctic warming.

“Rapid Arctic warming and sea-ice reduction in the Arctic Ocean are widely attributed to anthropogenic climate change,” write climate scientists from the U.S., Australia and South Korea in a study that suggests that a “substantial portion of recent warming in the northeastern Canada and Greenland sector of the Arctic arises from unforced natural variability.”

“Whenever you start to look at local climate trends, you have to look at the internal variability as well as the human-induced variability,” co-author Mike Wallace with the University of Washington told CTV News. “The natural variability is huge.”

Sea ice has declined 2.6 percent per decade on average since the late 1970s, reports CTV News, but the area north of Greenland and the Canadian archipelago has been warming more quickly due to rain and wind patterns in the South Pacific — not man-made carbon dioxide emissions.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/08/s...-warming-due-to-natural-forces/#ixzz31B8IBgwd

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, I used to hear that there was a reason for their calling it "Greenland" long, long ago.

3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hear the current PC phrase "global disturbance" for the first time on the radio yesterday... we used to call it "weather".

It's interesting how our shrinking ice caps are mirrored in those of Mars.

...but of course man's presence there has increased exponentially over the past decade.

Rob

4. thisnumbersdisconnected

I know, I know!! It's a planet-virus, a "common cold" among the planets. Earth got it first. Fever, chills, achy feeling. Maybe Mars got its fever from earth. ThenI guess Jupiter’s caught the same cold, because it’s warming up too. And Saturn. And Uranus, Neptune, even Pluto -- though how a "non-planet" can catch a virus from a planet, I don't know.

Interestingly enough, the exact same amount of evidence exists for "global warming" on Mars and the other planets as does it on Earth, but the radical enviro-nuts insist that what's going on all the other planets in our solar system isn't relative to Earth's "human-caused climate change." :rolleyes:

And neither does the fact the Sun is getting hotter. Really???