1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Study: Bushies Lied 935 Times to Sell Iraq Invasion

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Jan 26, 2008.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Bush and his top officials waged a campaign of misinformation about the threat posed by Saddam Hussein's Iraq.

FULL ARTICLE

"Oh stop it already you unpatriotic liberals! How dare you not honor and defend our latest and greatest experiment in global interventionism and nation building slavishly and unquestioningly like the rest of us good citizens?"

#1 poncho, Jan 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2008
  2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Blah. Blah. Blah. :rolleyes:

Some very obvious true statements listed as lies. This "study" :laugh: depends almost entirely on the wrongful assumption that passing on bad intelligence is lying.

#2 carpro, Jan 26, 2008
  3. bunnytoes

bunnytoes New Member

You Trash Our President

YOU TRASH OUR PRESIDENT AND YET WHEN I POST THE TRUTH ABOUT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA, IT IS REMOVED!!!

I URGE ANYONE TO GET THE TRUTH. GO TO THESE SITES BELOW WHICH ARE BACKED UP BY THE FACTS!

http://www.freedomsenemies.com/_more/obama.htm

http://www.examiner.com/a-534540~Can_a_past_of_Islam_change_the_path_to_president_for_Obama_.html

THE POWER BEHIND THIS MAN, BLACK RADICALS/MUSLIM SYMPATHIZERS/MUSLIM ACTIVISTS, IS TRULY FRIGHTENING.

#3 bunnytoes, Jan 26, 2008
  4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Hmmmm...

You may just have a point. :tonofbricks:

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh yea. There is definitely a doubel standard. The libs cant live by their own.

And not one lie was presented in this article.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would not accuse the President of lying about Iraq. He was misled and he in turn misled the American people. History will note this.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You don't post the truth. You post what a racist and a bigot would post. So, are you really a racist and a bigot, or just misled? I hope that it is the latter.

8. moscott

moscott Member

Man I wish some people would do their homework before posting such nonsense. Enough with the "lying" already. This Bush lied stuff was funded by guess who----EXTREME Left Wing Liberal George Soros!:BangHead:

9. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

It doesn't matter who funded the study, the truth is still the truth!

10. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I agree. People tend to forget the actual history of the Iraq situation. Most people firmly believed that Saddam had wmd long before George W. Bush came to the White House and certainly long before 2003. The Bush administration just took policies, positions, and intelligence that was in place before Bush became president to its logical conclusions. As Ron Paul has pointed out, it was the Clinton administration that made removal of Saddam a policy of the Unted States government. So the blame does not all fall at Bush's doorstep. The blame for our messed up policy falls on the doorstep of every government official, democrat or republican, who failed to do careful homework on this issue before jumping on the popular bandwagon in 2003 (hello Hillary Clinton). Rumsfeld, Cheney, and Bush may be properly blamed for the very poor way the war was managed during the first few years but they can't be blamed for lying when everyone else was saying the same thing. Keep in mind that it is not a lie if the person saying it believes it is true. A lie is false information spread by a person who knows it is not true. To date I have seen no reason to believe that George W Bush knew that Saddam had no wmd. I believe Bush, and those around him, firmly believed Saddam did (as did most of the rest of the world at the time).

I am glad that bunnytoes has been banned.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As well as Barbra Streisand and a Teresa Heinz Kerry foundation.

If the outcome had not been predetermined, they wouldn't have paid for this "study", to very loosely use the term.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    True.

And this so called "study" is a complete lie.

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, it was Saddam Hussein who lied these United States into war. The Bush administration believed him and then misled the majority of Americans.

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    His own generals believed him. Why shouldn't we?

The Bush administration did not intentionally mislead anyone.

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    One doesn't have to do mislead on purpose to mislead.

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Judging from most of the replies here this is still a sore spot with the loyal 20 percenters camped about these parts. :laugh:

After all this time and still in denial. Atta boy Rupert fine job ! :thumbs:

17. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

Bunnytoes, please send me an email

Salty

18. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Well excuse me, but I am not part of that loyal "20 percenters" you are talking about. Anyone who has paid five seconds worth of attention to my posts over the past few months would know that. Also I would point you to the fact that part of what I said came from the lips of Ron Paul himself.

What I try to do is to be fair. Going back and looking at the situation in the fall of '02 and spring of '03 we see that Bush did not have to "lie us into war". President Bush was saying the same thing Presidents Bush Sr. and Clinton were saying. He was saying the same thing other nations were saying and the exact same thing Saddam himself was saying (ie...that Iraq had wmd). Now we know the intelligence that Bush was depending upon was wrong, now we know that Saddam's claims of wmd were a bluff, now we know that there were no wmd, now we know that there were other nations that we should have been more concerned with. We know all of that now, we did not know all of that then.

I would also strive to remind everyone that many of these politicians who are now against the war were originally for the war and voted for the war. They only turned against the war when the opinion polls turned against the war. I have ZERO respect for those opportunistic clowns (hello Hillary Clinton).

19. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "According to a CBS report, Hussein claimed he didn't anticipate that the United States would invade Iraq over WMD, agent George Piro said on "60 Minutes," slated for Sunday broadcast.
    "For him, it was critical that he was seen as still the strong, defiant Saddam. He thought that (faking having the weapons) would prevent the Iranians from reinvading Iraq," said Piro." -CNN

What did I say?

"He (Bush) was saying the same thing other nations were saying and the exact same thing Saddam himself was saying (ie...that Iraq had wmd)"

20. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Can you support this statement? I've searched the internet and couldn't find any. Here is a list of the Soros funded foundations and this one isn't listed.

http://www.soros.org/about/overview#about_osi

http://www.soros.org/about/foundations

I think you're confusing IMI which funded this study with OSI, Soros foundations.