1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stuffing envelopes. Is it a gimmick?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by susanpet, Sep 4, 2002.

1. susanpet

susanpet New Member

I just received in the mail a letter saying I can make money stuffing envelopes. They provide the materials and all I have to do is stuff them and mail them. Is this a gimmick? Has anyone ever done this or know of anyone doing this before? It sounds too good to be true.

Thanks
    Susan

2. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

My understanding has always been that it's bunk.

3. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

It's a scam. Don't do it.

Mike

4. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. susanpet

susanpet New Member

I looked up this site and it had a lot of information. Thanks

Susan

6. stedfastmom

stedfastmom New Member

Yep, I agree with everyone else.. I think it's a waste of your time...

Just a note, in your search of a means to bring in an income from home.. be careful. Find out if they are listed with the BBB. Find out their track history, credentials, ask if you can talk to someoneelse other than that person, to get a 2nd opinion... find out the return policy, etc...

Good luck... and keep searching. I'm sure you'll find something that works for you.

God bless,

STED
    http://www.momsforlife.com/?WE42182

7. Loren B

Loren B New Member

Stuffing Envelopes is absolutely a scam. There are machines that do that sort of thing much more cheaply than anyone can do it by hand.

8. Jeremai

Jeremai New Member

Yes, it is 99.9% likely that it is a scam. I once paid $25 for a "starter pack". What I received was a cheap photocopied booklet about the "home business opportunity." Basically all you do is put advertisements in newspapers, make web sites, etc, encouraging people to send their $25 to you and all you do is send them the same booklet (this is the only envelope stuffing). There is no product, just people sending $25 to each other for nothing. Needless to say I did not persue it. I didn't want to face angry people who would have my address when they discovered it was a scam.

I agree with the sentiment that if it's too good to be true then it probably is. That's a good rule to follow so you don't get caught out.