1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

'Submission' is not a dirty word -- what Gabby Reece was trying to say

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Surrender. That’s the underlying message of Gabrielle Reece’s statements last week about marriage. The former volleyball star and current fitness expert—a woman who has literally made a living being strong—has dubbed submission a strength.

“I choose to serve my family and my husband,” says Reece, “because it creates a dynamic where he is then in fact acting more like a man and masculine and treating me the way I want to be treated.” NBC’s Brian Williams called it a “new and provocative take on how to keep a marriage together.”

But is it? "The Today Show’s" online survey asked the public on whether or not they agreed with Reece’s statement: “To be truly feminine means being soft and receptive and look out, here it comes, submissive …” The majority of its audience—a whopping 55%—agreed that embracing femininity and being submissive is the way to go. Only 19% disagreed.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013...-trying-to-say/?intcmp=features#ixzz2R2YJkJkT