1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Submissiveness

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Scrapper, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

If a husband asks, then it's not requirement to comply, because it implies a choice. Arequest does not result in a compulsoty situation, and therefore it is not rebellion by not meeting the request. The only time it would be a matter of rebellion is if the husband leads in a spiritual matter (for example, telling his wife she may not commit adultery) and she refuses to comply. The husband has the requirement to have headship spiritually in all things.

None required, as I don't feel you'd transgressed against me. Just trying to make sure we're on topic [​IMG]

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Why should a husband tell his wife not to vote?

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Fish and Bread--Are you married?

4. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

This discussion will go on throughout the ages because it is a 'mystery'. The Bible even tells us this... ;)

reverence = a profound feeling of awe and respect

love = intense affection

obey = to comply with a command

submit = to surrender to the authority, discretion, or will of another

comply = agree or yield (as to a command)

surrender = to give up control or possession of to another on demand or under compulsion

[​IMG] §ue

5. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

obey = to comply with a command

submit = to surrender to the authority, discretion, or will of another

Here is a greater mystery! :confused: HOw do you obey without doing? How do you submit to authority without obeying? Clintoneese, I guess? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dear Lord, I submit to your will, however due to the discrepency of the words obey and submit (which I can't really seperate, but hey they are spelled different!) I will not be obeying you.

6. I Am Blessed 24

I didn't say anything like that!

I was just saying it is a mystery and gave definitions of words in the scriptures I quoted.

Are we getting angry here? Hope not. That is a sin too isn't it?

7. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

No, not anger, true frustration though. I thought you were making the same pt Marcia was trying to make. That there was a big difference between submit and obey. Neither one has to be done, but they should be. I hope children aren't reading this topic, give them all kinds of ammo not to obey. ;) I am not angry at any though Blessed. [​IMG]

Tim

8. I Am Blessed 24

Thanks Tim - I still think you ought to let your wife vote... [​IMG]

9. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Okay, I will. She is on her way now. Why would I not let her vote? [​IMG]

It was about another couple in our church. Thats okay though. People have assumed all kinds of things about me from this thread. [​IMG]

10. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

I told her who to vote for though, that okay. ;)

11. I Am Blessed 24

12. Elnora

Elnora New Member

This is a no brainer, obey God. The rest follows. That was hard. [​IMG]

13. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

This seems to confirm my thinking that you view the husband-wife relationship the same as the parent-child relationship. That is not found in scripture. And you told your wife who to vote for! What if she voted for someone else? Would you ground her? If she is to obey you like a child, then I guess you have to have discipline for her?

14. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

[/QUOTE]This seems to confirm my thinking that you view the husband-wife relationship the same as the parent-child relationship. That is not found in scripture. And you told your wife who to vote for! What if she voted for someone else? Would you ground her? If she is to obey you like a child, then I guess you have to have discipline for her? [/QB][/QUOTE]

Marcia, know what. Try not to take this too harshly but what this confirms for me is that you are so rankled about this topic you have not even taken the time to read or follow up on the post. YOur facts are so screwed up that I am tired of repeating myself. Re-read and see if this is an issue between my wife (scrapper) and I. Also my remarks to Blesses. YOu will see they are tongue in cheek. Lord have mercy!!! [​IMG]

Take care, Tim

15. Elnora

Elnora New Member

Tim, you know what gets me "rankled". People who twist the scripture for their own selfish reasons. Where does God's word give anyone the right to make demands? No one can give scripture. So since they cant they attack and belittle.

Then when people try to show them what the Word is really saying they make false accusations and accuse the brethren. But we are all washed in the precious blood of Christ of which there is no condemnation.
    Look back through thes threads and see who is condemning. You might get a clue. People are trying to force their brothers to "get circumcized" (act of the flesh). Live by the law. We are to rebuke that. Have any you oppose falsely accused you? I don't think so. I have not. But we have been accused of all sorts of sin.

16. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Well that is what we are doing on here. Challenging one another. I think scripture does give authority to people and w are told to obey. And not only that but Eph tells us why we should yeild to those God has placed in authority over us. Ther is no twisting for me. Submit is clear to me I like to see how others twist that. We have no rights or freedoms except those given us by God. It really is not about us but about Him. Amen?

17. Elnora

Elnora New Member

I don't mind people discussing God's word or even if they don't agree. What I get riled about is people trying to manipulate others with false accusations and fear tactics when their argument doesn't hold up. I have no problem with scriptural submission or disagreement.

I already stated that we serve God and are obedient because he loved us and submit as a result. Not try to beat people over the head with the law. We become as the Pharasees. And Jesus hated that, and no wonder, it puts people in bondage. Now anyone who wants to throw the law around best not break any part of it. For if we live by the law we are judged by the law.

18. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Did fish and bread leave?

Hey fish and bread, are you married?

19. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Dear Lord, did I shut it down? Where did fish and bread go?

20. Elnora

Elnora New Member

Wasn't you Saggy he moved to the "Is there a difference between unsubmissiveness and feminism?" thread. [​IMG]