1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Substance and Tone’ of Obama Address ‘a Complete Failure

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by carpro, Dec 6, 2015.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015...and-tone-of-obama-address-a-complete-failure/

Krauthammer: ‘Substance and Tone’ of Obama Address ‘a Complete Failure

Woody Allen said that showing up is 80 percent of life,” Krauthammer said. “So, in that sense, he showed up. Finally appeared to address the issue. I think that counts for something. As to the substance and tone, I think it’s a complete failure. The substance, he announced nothing new on strategy on the ground, except he argued against ground troops, which is a political point. But as to anything he’s adding to his strategy, there was nothing to encourage any sense that we’re going to do any better. This idea that this distraction into gun control I think is really cynical.

2. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So including Special Forces assets is nothing new on the ground? I mean yeah I guess they are tailor made for this kind of conflict but I guess they won't be any help because Krauthammer said so.

#2 Use of Time, Dec 6, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did he announce tonight that more special Forces were to be deployed ?

4. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He said we are about to deploy about 200 operators so what do you say we give them a chance out there?

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That wasn't new information. Krauthammer was correct. He announced nothing new on the ground to combat ISIS.

6. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Umm the decision was made four days ago, they haven't even arrived in theatre out there yet. That is the definition of new. Good grief are you going to start the games early tonight?

• Like Like x 2
  7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What really took place in his speech was that he spent most of his time lecturing us on what we shouldn't do and the rest calling for more gun control, neither of which will do anything at all to help stop the spread of Islamic terrorists. He announced nothing new in that area at all.

He might as well have been on time for a meaningless awards ceremony where he could rub elbows with the people he really cares about, the rich and famous.

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're dissembling again. Krauthammer was right. You were wrong. Nothing in this speech about any new efforts on the ground.

If that's a game, you threw the first pitch. So tell the truth for once and the game is over.

9. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So a decision made four days ago and the assets not even mobilizing is not a new asset on the ground. Got it. So he's not encouraged that the SF will do any better? Does he say why? Of course not. If that is the crux of his piece then it is extremely weak.

I'm sure like most of the critics with regards to the fight with ISIS, he pointed out a better solution right? Right?

also Bretibart. LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Typical for you. Just can't man up when you're wrong. Pitiful, but expected.

11. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not the guy who counted out an asset that has even't been delivered yet. I'm not going to quibble over the definition of the word new with regard to the activation of a military assets. You are just splitting hairs to win an internet argument at this point and apparently are upset because your article doesn't withstand scrutiny.

I'm sure Mr. Krauthammer provided an alternative solution to fighting ISIS right? Or is that another question you are going to run away from like you did last night?

Why don't you educate to me what would be the ideal response to ISIS?

• Like Like x 2
  12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...braced-all-too-common-american-style-violence

Obama: Terrorists Have Embraced ‘All Too Common’ American Style of Violence: Mass Shootings

In a nationally televised address on Sunday night, President Barack Obama said that while the San Bernardino terrorists—who murdered 14 Americans—had embraced what he described as a “perverted interpretation of Islam” they had also adopted a form of violence that is “all too common” in America: mass shootings.

As part of the solution to this type of terrorism, Obama called for more gun control in the United States.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's evident to me he doesn't really care about the terrorist attack, except to the extent it might help him advance his political agenda. I can't even express my contempt for the man, such as he is.

13. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, the gun control has been a bit of his with regards to every incident of mass shooting in his Presidency. It's what Democrats do. Are you changing the subject now?

• Like Like x 1
  14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You already have. But you're not man enough to admit that you were wrong.

15. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whelp, that's twice now you have declared victory and ran away from the tough questions that the internet can't answer for you. I've said it before if you can't handle the pressure of an adult conversation maybe the Breitbart comment section would be more your speed. Let me know if you can ever formulate an answer to either of these. Have a great night.

16. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL, the first word of my post was "Yes" genius.

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's three times you've missed an opportunity to man up.

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then I didn't change the subject, JG. Try to keep up.

Still waiting on you to man up onthe lie you told in your first post.

19. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    An address regarding the biggest threat our country has faced in decades and the point you want to dissect is whether or not a decision made four days ago and announced to the country tonight is considered new. Wow, just wow. We both know what this is. I've asked you two questions in two days that stumped you and you have to manufacture an escape hatch. Again, if you can't hang in there and discuss things like an adult then go hang out at Breitbart. I'm all set here.

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stil not man enough to admit you lied. Just more dissembling.