1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Suggest some schools

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Repent-or-Burn, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Repent-or-Burn

Repent-or-Burn New Member

I would appreciate suggestions on colleges,

I am currently taking a course (not degree) from Bethany Divinity, by correspondence.

However, I would like to look into on-site colleges. I would prefer non-accredited, as I do not want to take general studies (math, etc.)..

Thanks.

2. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

I would list what field of study you wish to go into and at what level (Associates, Bachelors, Masters). Secondly, I would highly recommend you take a liberal arts degree. Most non-accredited schools still would require it and it would make you more well rounded.

3. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ruiz Addition

Dear Repent-or-Burn,

By-the-by, is "Turner Burn" any kin? I just could not resist!!!

Please tell us why you want a degree? Ministry? other place you want to be or go? You need a degree to do for you what you want it to do.

I agree with Ruiz. More info needed.

"That is all!" :smilewinkgrin:

4. Repent-or-Burn

Repent-or-Burn New Member

Sorry...

Field, theology.
    Pourpose, discipline and credentials.
    Level, associates/bachelors is all I need to concern myself with now. If I want to go higher, then I can worry about where to get it later.

I would VERY much prefer the school hold to predestination.

No, no relation to turner burn.

5. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    School Response

Whatever you do, make sure to do a "regionally accredited" program. It will save you money and time in the long term. I know you may not like to hear that but it will pay off big dividends in the future. You must think of your education as one of the most important investments you can and will make in you life.

Secondly, I would ask; "what do you want to be when you grow up?" By that I mean all of the classical arguments you have heard about getting an education apply as well to ministry or service in the church. If you could think through what you want to do with your life and then set about to get the education to fulfill that, then that could help you go in a fitting direction.

One main thing you don't want to do is get some education that will have to be redone or was of no value to you 10-15-20 years out.

Decide what you think you may want to be or do, and then and go get your education that will equip you for that.

"For what is is worth!?" :smilewinkgrin: